Default Has anyone used an engine compartment heater

Has anyone used an engine compartment heater to avoid having to winterize? I'm in Georgia and we don't get that cold here. I wanted to head out today but we've already winterized and I dont want to have to re do it everytime I want to take it out.
    Go Boat

It would work as long as your electricity NEVER went out.

Draining the block is so easy that I would never risk it.

Is it stored inside or outside? Do you have a heater in the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Suprahunter View Post
    Is it stored inside or outside? Do you have a heater in the boat?
    Agreed, more info would be good. Like asked above, if you have a heater, then you've got more to worry about than the block...

I have friends that keep their boats in insulated garages here in the PNW and don't winterize. never gets cold enough in the garage for something to freeze.

The common consensus though will be from the "don't do it" camp.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

No heater? It would freeze first.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by chillyx View Post
    Has anyone used an engine compartment heater to avoid having to winterize? I'm in Georgia and we don't get that cold here. I wanted to head out today but we've already winterized and I dont want to have to re do it everytime I want to take it out.
    I live in your neck of the woods and still winterized this year. Boats kept in the garage year round. The garage is insulated but not heated and it never got cold enough last year to freeze bottles of water that are stored in there. That being said a half hours worth draining everything is still a lot cheaper than a new engine.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in