Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Four months later... brought boat home

Tim
    2006 Outback
    Stripped down, strictly slalom

Default Replying to Topic 'Four months later... brought boat home'

Thank you thank you. Yeah, the transom stereo control was a freebie at the boat show. Should work out nicely

Aw, in front of the bilge outlet, that is the California Emissions decal. At the angle in the picture, it does look like something mounted rather than the flat sticker that it is.
    Tim
    2006 Outback

Tim, Great looking Outback. You will really enjoy it.

but you are not going to leave that beautiful boat outside when storing it are you.

Doug

Correction -- In front of the bilge outlet is some form of vent... it is in that exact location on the other side that the CA Emissions decal resides (I assumed that there was a decal on both sides when you inquired what it was). But I do not know what that vent is there for... hmmmm.

Bought a pickup today -- just have to get it registered and slap a hitch on it and I can come and go in and out of the water as I please. $1600 for a 1990 F-150 4X4 302 w/ 85,000 miles and no rust.
    Tim
    2006 Outback

Originally posted by TimGT3
    Correction -- In front of the bilge outlet is some form of vent... it is in that exact location on the other side that the CA Emissions decal resides (I assumed that there was a decal on both sides when you inquired what it was). But I do not know what that vent is there for... hmmmm.
    Horn behind there. Dont spray water at it.

Originally posted by qb12

but you are not going to leave that beautiful boat outside when storing it are you.
    Nope; Got the Logo cover for it. BTW, does anyone know how well that cover protects the interior from UV?? I saw a previous post suggesting to purchase the cheap Walmart boat cover to use in combination with the Logo cover...

I'm installing a hitch on my newly purchased F-150 today -- planning on putting break-in hours on the boat tomorrow evening.
    Tim
    2006 Outback

Spend the $49 !!! The logo cover is too pretty to leave out in the elements, and is just heavy canvas w/ some scotch guard on it. - water will get through, and it will stain VERY easily. The cheapy I posted is water proof and silver reflective on the outside - uv and infrared reflective. Should be standard gear for anyone forced to store outdoors.

You may be able to go with the size smaller w/ the regular outback - check the specs online or in the store.

-J

As much as I love Bob and Rob - I am not about to drive 20 miles when I can drive 3 to get a $49 item.
    This is not a custom fit cover - it is just something to protect the $550 investment that is protecting the $40,000 investment. I fully plan on throwing it away in 18 months and replacing it for another $49. That is cheaper than an impeller and probably saves as much or more on the care of the interior of the boat.

just my $0.02,

Joe

Thank you. Looks as though I shall pick up a cheapie cover to go over the the not-so-cheap cover.

Took the boat out last night for the second time; this time being our first boat launch experience. My girlfriend and I got it done, but it wasn't very graceful -- something about a monkey and a football comes to mind. The experience included a lesson showing the girl how to back the trailer - not bad for a very first time, but it will get better. My biggest problem was that I could not free the boat from the trailer. It took backing it in much further than what most guys here recommended; We had to put the the trailer fenders about 3"-4" below the surface -- same for loading it.

Other than extended time on the launch, everything went well. The boat is now 3.0 hours into the break-in period. We'll probably stick to the low-traffic weekday evening outtings while we perfect the launching process. This isn't as carefree as running down to the boat slip and hopping in the rental I/O to ski a set as we would do on our lake vacations.
    Tim
    2006 Outback

All in good time Tim,

first few times with mine was the same... extended waits for others at the ramp while we tryed to trailor and de-trailor.. Now already its like second nature...similar to muscle memory with wakeboarding..lol

congrats on that boat..
    2005 Moomba Outback