Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hulu vs. Roku

Not yet, but probably soon.. HBO just announced an online only version, the others will probably follow suit..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I have heard rumors for sporting events but I think their is going to be alot of resistance to streaming live events.

Our solution was a basic cable package (no box). I have to flip channels from the remote like the old days. Basic = over 70 channels with all the normals in HD.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

All the sporting events are scripted now anyway so who cares?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Can you get a DVR to work in conjunction with the streaming systems . Do I still have to record my shows or are they available anytime? I am not very good with electronics so a simple system that controls commercials will be best.

Default Re: Hulu vs. Roku

There's no DVR, you steam real-time what you want to see. Not sure with Hulu, I think there's still commercials. Most new shows will be delayed a period of time before you can legally watch them. If you have the knowhow you can pirate/barrow(hehehe) shows right after they air without commercials.

I'm kinda stuck, have the nfl package and DVR 3-4 games so we can speed watch only the plays.

Your shows won't be available forever, each of the services rotate their content over time.

Hulu will still have "commercials". That seems to be the cost of offering the shows the day after they air.

If you keep cable or satellite service, the streaming devices would not affect your ability to DVR.

Hulu usually keeps the current season available of the shows they carry. Netflix usually doesn't have three current season but will usually carry all seasons up unto the current. I'm not sure on HBO.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Re: Hulu vs. Roku

The nice thing about Netflix HBO is you can share the account, most people find a buddy that has them..wink wink

+1 Roku, I use an over air $150 antenna for the OSU games. I have not missed cable TV a day. All of black list, 67 episodes of Last Man Standing, when done with those I'll find another show.

The phone bill is next.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

If your looking to ditch the land line I've been using the Magic Jack for almost 5 years. The device is about $70 with an annual $20 fee I think. Works great too if you travel out of the county and connect to your laptop if you don't have an international plan on your cell. I work from home and keep it around for some of the long conference calls I sit on for hours.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5