Default Question about outback mods

On 2003 and up outbacks the rear trunk has 150lb weight limit, my question is have any of you modded or beefed up the rear trunk floor so you can put a ballast bag in there? I'm going to take apart the back trunk and see if it's possible, I was just wondering if anybody else had already attempted this.
    Thanks in advance for your replys.

my O7 has the rear seat that doubles as a sun deck when in up position. I upgraded to the rear seat sac under the seat which is approx 6-700lbs. My rear storage unit is packed with gear (and i wouldn't want to lose the storage) plus its right above the gas tank so I wouldn't want to risk alot of ballast in there. And its pretty small compared to the size of sac you can fit across the entire floor behind motor box. No comparison.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Yea I have a 800lb under the back seat, just wanting to put another 300lb in the trunk.

So I have started strengthening the rear trunk area. After taking the trunk apart I found that the floor of the trunk literally sits on top of, and is held up by the gas tank. i decided to attach aluminum angle to the transom and the back of the back seat, the angle is mounted slightly higher than the gas tank, 3/4 aluminum square tubing will span the angle on the transom and the angle on the back seat. Screws attach the tubing to the angle. The floor of the trunk will now rest on the tubing taking the weight off the tank. This should hold the three hundred pounds that I want to add back their.
    Last edited by Sinjun; 12-09-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Just finished up this project ended up using ten pieces of 3/4 square tube over the tank. I weigh 220lb and I was standing inside the trunk and it wasn't even flexing, it will hold the 300lb spread out over the trunk floor easily.