Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamberra

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Yep - SEM Color Coat. It's about $14 a can but well worth it.

I redid all of mine the spring of 2013 - they turned out great and have held up well so far. Doubt you'll be able to find replacement plastics. Mine is cracking a little around the gauges as well. I think an epoxy putty is your best bet. Shape it, sand it and paint over it.

very nice...this is the color of mine and i painted the radio bezel to see if I would like it all painted red not cleared yet. What do yall think?

Yep - SEM Color Coat. It's about $14 a can but well worth it.

I redid all of mine the spring of 2013 - they turned out great and have held up well so far. Doubt you'll be able to find replacement plastics. Mine is cracking a little around the gauges as well. I think an epoxy putty is your best bet. Shape it, sand it and paint over it.

Very nice! i keep trying to post my pic on here by it keeps popping up saying the moderator has to approve it but nothing of mine will get posted. Do yall have any clue why it will not get posted???

very nice! i keep trying to post pics of mine so yall can see but it keeps saying has to be approve by moderator. Nothing of mine tho gets posted and its been days. Anything I can do??

Quote Originally Posted by buer View Post
    very nice! i keep trying to post pics of mine so yall can see but it keeps saying has to be approve by moderator. Nothing of mine tho gets posted and its been days. Anything I can do??
    your first two pics at the top of this thread are visible.

that said, I think once you reach a certain post count, you won't have that restriction. so post up and participate in a few discussions and you'll be well on your way.

Oh, and if that doesn't work, then like wave a beer in front of Berg and maybe that will convince him to do his job as a "super moderator".
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Posts approved. Should be visible now. You need 5-10 before posts with beers get approved automagically,
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

With the SEM product no clear coat is required. It naturally has a semi gloss type finish. A solid cleaning with thinner (not mineral spirits) and several very light coats is the trick. I think a clear coat over the top would make it look cheesy.

I'd maybe take some photos of the plastics in the boat, then photochop them red on the computer to see what you think before you commit. See if you still like it or not so much. How much red do you have on the interior vinyl? Sometimes less is more.

To give you an idea...

I had a local shop in NorCal fab up a new Bimini for my old '01 and had the fabric go over the top of the tower and snap onto the rear tower bar. Loved that bimini.

If you have one made, go as far forward as possible, it helps out in the sun.

IMG_6427.jpg
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

With the SEM product no clear coat is required. It naturally has a semi gloss type finish. A solid cleaning with thinner (not mineral spirits) and several very light coats is the trick. I think a clear coat over the top would make it look cheesy.

I'd maybe take some photos of the plastics in the boat, then photochop them red on the computer to see what you think before you commit. See if you still like it or not so much. How much red do you have on the interior vinyl? Sometimes less is more.
    thanks bud. The only red I have is the little bit on the seats and then the red on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    I had a local shop in NorCal fab up a new Bimini for my old '01 and had the fabric go over the top of the tower and snap onto the rear tower bar. Loved that bimini.

If you have one made, go as far forward as possible, it helps out in the sun.

IMG_6427.jpg
    that is 100% what i was thinking about doing with mine! looks Awesome man! does it snap around the back bar or the front? Also about how much did it cost you?