Default cabin speaker amp hookup

I am hooking a Kicker KXM400.4 to the 4 cabin speakers to go along with the Kicker DX300.2 and tower speakers. Currently the 300.2 is attached the rear RCA output of the head unit. I know I could attach the 400.4 to the front RCA output of the head unit but am wondering if there are any pros or cons to running the front and rear RCA cables to the 400.4 and then attaching the 300.2 to the output RCA of the 400.4.
    Thanks.

I would hook the 400.4 to the front RCA output and leave the 300.2 on the rear RCA output. That way you can fade between the cabins and towers.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Zactly what I did on my first stereo install, but found I never actually used the fading option!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

2 outputs, 2 amp = give each amp is own dedicated output direct from the head-unit. Have the free simple zone control is nice. Unless you are feeding an identical amp thats driving the same type of woofer, avoid using the pass-thrus when you can. Even then, you can always split them. Some amps pass through with no drop, some have a slight drop, but the amps can be gain-matched. This would be like running two subs of two amps.