Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had same daughter's Iphone 4s get slightly wet about 3 years ago. It shut down about a week later. Gave her a backup phone. No I-store within 250 miles of Tallahassee. About a month later I was in Boston for work so I went to the I-store. They Sh*t me a new (refurb) phone with no charge. No real explanation. I was sure it was a gimmick for loyalty cuz I was a Dad or something. One of my other kids is still using that phone.

So, I'm a little swayed with the C/S you can get. But, there's no I-store within a long way of here. I wonder what kind of service you can get from a Best B*y our the like. Not been impressed with any of these entities in the past and do all the WIN stuff myself.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

This could almost turn into a "how much ballast should I get" or "how big of a stereo do I need" type of thread. Hehe... How much $$$ can we spend for you?!

On service or repair I'd be lost on the mac, except for maybe swapping a HD or adding RAM. Other than that I don't think they're much you can do DIY, and even those may be a stretch.

Jester has a good point though. What's it used for?

But probably the most important point that hasn't come up yet....

WHAT IS GOING TO MAKE YOUR WIFE HAPPY...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

But probably the most important point that hasn't come up yet....

WHAT IS GOING TO MAKE YOUR WIFE HAPPY...
    AND DONT FORGET ...... Do you want to see a frown or a big wide smile on your cute daughters face?

hope she doesn't see this post as she knows she's getting another piece of fruit.....such a nice dad.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Default MAC vs PC -- sound off -- need a little help

I agree with Jester. I couldn't do my job on a Mac, but I can screw around with my wife's at home. Too many things in my professional environment just don't cut it on a Mac.

In 2011 my wife was in need of a new laptop. I had a hard time justifying the cost for the Mac since it is essentially another flavor of Unix, and always seemed to be running on last year's PC specs. We decided to bite the bullet though for a change. She has to run Parallels on it with Windows 7 because the main software she uses is Win only. There are things with it that frustrate her, and if she were to get another computer, I don't know if it would be a Mac.

For my daughter I could see getting a Mac because she wouldn't be doing anything that would require anything different.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

You can set up a windows boot partition to boot directly to windows, no need to use parallels (but we do on an old Mac mini). But, if you use it for work and you only use windows software then not sure it makes sense for a Mac, for most people. Personally I would always choose one over a windows pc.
    2008 Outback V

Broke down or gave in or whatever you want to call it. I'll report back on Xmas morning. This one is 16 and it's getting where there isn't a whole lot left I can do for her.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Was wondering what direction you went. Good Dad.

Never know, you may find yourself sampling the fruit...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

They'd have to dip it in caramel . . .
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Seeing the route you took, is one I would as well, even though I have had very limited Apple use. For boot-up speed, simplicity, integration...
    But I am more a Linux guy at home (which keeps a pc from 2001 still running today). Windows PC at work (cause it's mandatory), and Mac ipad, which, before having internet connection on my Samsung phone, is what I would use for internet browsing instead of booting up laptop with Windows on it waiting for it to get access.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"