Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Interior Time

Well people who have been on here a while have heard of my interior woes. I bought my bought used in Oct of 2010 from Texas Performance Unlimited (basically a guy who buys repo'ed boats and RVs from auction and sells them). The boat had Arizona registration stickers on it so even though the interior at the time was in good condition I think it was left out in the Arizona sun for a good amount of time without much conditioning done to the vinyl. Let's face it, if you're not paying for your bought and it is about to get repo'ed then you probably are not going to pay to have it in a covered storage or condition the seats.

So after about 1.5 years of ownership the vinyl started to crack in a few places and then the last year or so it just exploded on some cushions and some still look brand new, it's pretty weird actually. Well I just placed an order with my dealer for all the skins that are damaged and they should come in in 10 weeks he said at which point I will get them re wrapped and the foam replaced. Here are the pictures of the interior as of right now.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

and a couple more

Hopefully before the season begins I can have some good looking "AFTER" photos to share!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Congrats - early Christmas present! Curious what your plans are with the foam.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Wow. I've only got about 3 skins that need replacing. But, mine is in the garage whenever it's not on the water. I do get a little sunshine on boating days but also do at least annual treatments with 303.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

texas sunshine....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    texas sunshine....
    I think it's more of neglect in that Arizona sunshine!!

Kane you only treat once a year??? I treat once a month when we're using the boat which is pretty often when you consider I am gone half the time hahaha

Berg, I don't know about an early Christmas present, the dealer said the skins wont be in until February. I plan on have the upholstery guy the dealers uses replace the foam when he does the skins.
    David

Ah, skimmed right over that "10 weeks" part.

If you have the option, I'd suggest going with a denser foam on the rear covers since it's a high traffic area.

And what is this 'sunshine' thing you speak of...?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Sunshine, our neighboring communities in buffalo got pounded with 5 plus feet of snow. hope they get it clear I have a football game to see on 11/30 in living color.
    Go browns!!!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Good luck on the reupholster. I bought a 13 year old motor home from Arizona in 1996 and every rubber product needed replacing from wiper blades, windshield washer lines to rubber gas lines and tires. The sun and heat are nasty.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

wow, didn't realize it was that bad. I do find it interesting that some of the splits go right thru from the blue to the white. I did one seat skin on my 08 that was doing the exact same thing and that boat spends 98% of the time in the garage so sun is not the issue there, but im thinking the heat caused it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart