Default JL audio infinite baffle subs

Anyone using these in their boats? Application would work well for me just curious to sound quality and range of bass.

2012 Mojo

As long as the application and exicution is correct, meaning you have 100% front to rear isolation, an IB sub with the right power and right tune, is not a bad setup. So no false or partial walls. Is it going to kill fish or ripple water, well no, but done right, they are good. Wet Sounds also offers a true IB thats marine. I think they will handle a little more wattage than the JL. Ive driven plenty in the 400w rms range. JL was supposed to drop a 12" IB, but dont know if it ever did.

Bama,
    Based on sound quality, I consider the JL Audio Infinite Baffle (IB) sub to be best in class by a mile. So a very good choice.
    Comparing an IB 10-inch to an Air Suspension (AS = small sealed) 10-inch, the low frequency roll-off at the half power point will be about the same. Correctly applied, the IB sub is in an infinite enclosure that doesn't raise the resonance or raise the 'Q' (damping). Ideally, you need an unobstructed 2.25+ cu.ft. for the JL IB 10" and the bilge structure is questionable. It's certainly there eventually but the initial view is a bit tight. Perhaps more important, is what MLA wrote, you must have total front to rear acoustic isolation for several feet from the woofer in all directions. That means the woofer mounting baffle and surrounding area must be perfectly sealed. That's not always easy or practical. Also, the fiberglass kick panel is often very thin material and not near rigid enough. An IB woofer deserves and needs the same baffle as an AS woofer. This can easily be reinforced with a carpet-clad birch baffle overlay.
    Beyond that, provided the IB is executed correctly, a 10" is pretty much a 10", until the AS 10" has a control advantage at high excursions for a bit higher output levels.