Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

We love it. We put it on top of the carpet this season because we wanted to try it out before ripping out the carpet, but now the carpet is coming out. The stuff is bullet proof as far as wear goes: it holds up better than carpet, is easy to clean and is so much nicer for drying out after a day on the water. "spaghetti mat" is also a good search term (commonly used around pools).
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Thank you for all of the info on this! Just ordered enough for my old LSV.

Default DECKadence/Miner's Moss

Bringing this one back from the dead, I got sick of wet/stained/matted carpet in my LSV and when my neighbor said "I don't understand why they put carpet in boats", well that finally pushed me to do this...

After some research, I decided I wanted DECKadence (or Miner's Moss). Miner's moss appeared to be thinner than what I wanted so i started looking for thicker material. Jim's Marine Flooring has what they call Ultra Marine Flooring at less than half the price of DECKadence and it already has the non-slip backing. I used his process to create a template.

Yes the template is upside down, I used Jim's method of cutting on an angle to make the top slightly wider so it compresses. Thank god i wrote TOP on it b/c I almost cut it in the reverse...

REALLY happy I did this, feels great under feet, easy to clean, and looks so much better!

Best part is i only have one exposed seam and that is in the helm. I ordered a 4'x10' piece and Jim sent one that was more like 10'9" long and this allowed me to put the only other seam under the rear bench that covers the V-Drive!

Anyone want my template? That was the most time-consuming part.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

This is really nice stuff and you did a pretty credible job here. I think you will see some folks asking for your template and any tips you can offer. I hope you consider posting your work/process on the wake garage site. Those guys are incredible and very helpful over there.

https://www.wakegarage.com
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Will do!

Template is spoken for.
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    HDPE Surf Platform

Looks great. I got a few samples from Jim last year but never pulled the trigger. I think this is the year. What did you do about the ski locker in the floor? It sounds like you basically have one solid piece from bow to stern?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

2 other questions.... What color did you go with and what did you do with the carpet that covers the bench?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Looks great. I got a few samples from Jim last year but never pulled the trigger. I think this is the year. What did you do about the ski locker in the floor? It sounds like you basically have one solid piece from bow to stern?
    On ours, we just cover the door with one continuous piece like Leebo is showing. It's not much of a hassle to just pull it back when we need to get in there. For us this is only once at the end of the day to verify that the ballast is empty, we don't use it for any storage. Pretty simple and I wouldn't bother trying to cover it separately like I've seen some do with the glue down coverings.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    ... to verify that the ballast is empty, we don't use it for any storage...
    Agreed. It’s full of water, not skis. However, Jim has a video that shows you how to cut in an access for a locker (and how to add snaps) if you want.

Color is grey and the carpet comes out this weekend. Based on prior comments, I’m expecting it should be pretty straightforward (see the beginning of this thread - thank you Boonejeepin!)
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    HDPE Surf Platform

I prefer the clean look without the extra cuts/seams, with the trade off of just "pick up your feet for a moment while I check something real quick"... which you'd actually have to do anyway to open the door. The more I think about it the more I wouldn't want it any other way.
    2007 Mobius LSV