Threaded View

Default Floor covering project

A buddy of mine recently added a deckadence floor covering to his boat and it is beautiful. I was toying with the idea of ordering the same thing for my boat but started looking around for other options. I started looking for spaghetti mat like the mat under my playpen ballast bag from the factory.

After a few Google and Amazon searches miners moss started showing up in the results. If you are not familiar with miners moss it is the open weave PVC mat used by miners to catch fine gold. I found a source (utopia tools) that had a grey color to match my boat and ordered 2 rolls of 3'x5'. Luckily the main cabin area in my XLV is exactly 3' so this size worked well. I also ordered Goop marine UV stable adhesive in clear to glue the seams where I would have to piece sections together.

Link added by moderator: http://www.utopiatools.com/Miners-Mo...mgrey60x36.htm

I made a template with paper from Lowes.

Used template to cut material and glued seams.

The. I dropped in the boat. Sorry for low light pics. I have to say it looks really good in the boat. Very happy with the result. I will test it out for a while and then decide if I want to remove the old carpet.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 01-14-2015 at 02:02 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there