Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Oh, now I see the problem. You'd have to mount the actuators HIGHER to take advantage of the increased range of motion. So maybe that's not an option??

On my XLV with my custom platform mounting the actuators outboard of the platform is what I'd be planning on if/when I do a mod like this.

Last edited by trayson; 02-09-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by wolff supra21v View Post
    Also here is a picture of the switch. this system seam like it will work nice. It has a key/throttle power option. (there is an extra wire and when it loses power it automatically puts the tabs in the up position.) I plan on putting this on a rocker switch and labeling it surf tabs only, it needs to be on when using the tabs. It would be nice if it remembered where it was when power back up so you would not have to reset everything but there is also 10 leds showing the location of either tab.

Also I am wanting to mount the actuators in the dark gray strip next to the swim platform mount and by looking at this with the platform back on I really do not need to raise the platform if I trim about 2" of the outer lip off of the platform next to the mounting bracket.
    I like your idea of a rocker switch that's required to power "on" the surf tabs. My biggest concern/fear would be that I would try to pull onto the trailer with the tabs down! The key off wouldn't help in this scenario because I still have the boat running when I'm loading onto the trailer and hitching up the bow strap. And there's just enough overlap between the back of the hull and how far the outboard bunks stick out in the rear that I'd worry about banging the tabs on the bunks...

You can see on this pic how my bunks stick out just a little farther than my hull on the outer bunks.

This pic shows it really well.

Certainly it'd be possible to trim down the bunks to ensure that couldn't happen. But that's a bridge I'd cross when I did tabs.

Well done! Keep blazing the trail. Looking forward to more updates.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think you'll find that's WAY too much deployment. In all of our testing, anything over 11-12 degrees off the running surface has a negative impact on the wake. This will certainly depend somewhat on the design of the tab, but the amount of deployment you've got right now is A LOT.

Trayson, you'll definitely want to cut those bunks down once you get ready to tackle this.

I hope that is two much deployment, I would just hate to need just a little more that I did not have.
    I do not remember how far down the mastercrafts tabs deploy but I was thinking I seen the surpa's tabs deployed down around 80 degrees.

Trayson, my bunks are the same way and that is the plan also to cut about 3 to 4" off them.
    2007 supra 21v

You can always put a block between the upper mount and the transom to act as space if you need more angle, but I don't think that will be an issue.

Default Designing surf tabs out of auto trim tabs

Jason - Is there an ineffective middle ground on angle? Seems like the Swell, Autoflow, and Centurion quick surf all go way beyond 12 degrees.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    Jason - Is there an ineffective middle ground on angle? Seems like the Swell, Autoflow, and Centurion quick surf all go way beyond 12 degrees.
    Centurion for comparison:

I don't have a good pic of the autoflow deployed, but a pic where you can get kind of an idea relative to the wakeplate:
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

After seeing those pics I think I had an incorrect concept of how far the Autoflow and Centurion quick surf extends downward.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    After seeing those pics I think I had an incorrect concept of how far the Autoflow and Centurion quick surf extends downward.
    Supra Swell. this gives a better idea of angle since the mount has a "flat" part for reference.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I thought it went further down.