Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Depth Gauge on a 2008 XLV

I am curious if my depth gauge is a thru hull or an in hull transducer on my 2008 XLV.

I'm wondering because if it's a thru hull, I wonder if it happens to have a transducer that has a water temp signal built in. If so, then it would make sense that one could swap out the gauge and get one that reads both water temp and depth.

If the transducer doesn't have a temp output, then I wonder if I could tap into the output on the perfect pass paddlewheel that gives water temp. (Yes, I know that I can have PP tell me the water temp, but having it just "displayed" would be nicer than having to press Menu/UpArrow, menu, menu, menu, uparrow. It's pretty much a combination of keystrokes that only I remember so if I'm not driving I have to go up there and press through all the menus to get the info.

I think a display like this would be nicer on the depth gauge:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I am pretty sure the depth gauge is "in Hull" it is glued to the bottom of the boat, somewhere near the transmission I think. I like the faria gauge too. I had put gauge in my previous boat. I think that also has an air temp sensor as well, that was nice to know too.

I think that i have heard of tapping the PP temp sensor for this, but i am not sure. good luck.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

My XLV did not have a depth gage. I installed a Lowrance 5 DSI chart plotter (and fishfinder) $350? CDN plus map chip $99?...hundreds of lakes). I glued the transducer to the left of the transmission looking aft, works fine. Cool thing about it is that it can store all of your tracks from your activities, I try to stay on my previous "Safe" tracks. My budget this year and next does not have any $ for replacement of rudder, prop, and shaft etc, I am pretty sure it saved me this repair once as I could "see" what was ahead and missed a rock shelf only 24" deep, buoy was 60' to the left of it where it is only 12" deep. Another guy with a Nautique lost his running gear on it two days later, he was new to the lake.
    2007 Moomba Mobius XLV with G3 Ballast, 325HP Indmar, Carbureted

Extreme Noob

The PP on my 2008 LSV displays the water temp all the time. Are you sure it's not just a setting in one of the menus.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    The PP on my 2008 LSV displays the water temp all the time. Are you sure it's not just a setting in one of the menus.
    This is what mine looks like. I've read the manual. I can't find where I'd have the temp on screen at all times... Do you have a different version somehow?

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I know on my 08 LSV the Paddle wheel has the Temp sensor. If you have a True GPS PP then it wont use the Paddle Wheel and this is why you won't have a temp.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I know on my 08 LSV the Paddle wheel has the Temp sensor. If you have a True GPS PP then it wont use the Paddle Wheel and this is why you won't have a temp.
    I do have the temp on my PP, I just have to dig through menus to get to it. I wonder what Kane's display looks like.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Not any more. Here's pics of it off and then on.

PP OFF.jpg

PP ON.jpg
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Dug out my manual. It says Wakeboard Pro by Perfect Pass, DBW, Version 6.5NG, July 2007.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's exactly what I'd want. I just sent an email to PP to see if I can get them to walk me through changing the settings on mine to look like yours. If I can get mine working like yours, I'm going to be super stoked!!! (and this kind of "knowledge through sharing" is EXACTLY what these forums are all about)
    www.TraysonsToybox.com