Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cutout under driver's seat? 2008 XLV

My XLV has a rectangular cutout under the driver's seat. what is this for? I will probably put the Euro vents from my heatercraft heater system there when I install them over the winter. just curious what was the original intention.

You can see it in this pic:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Mine has a storage box that goes in that hole .... If you are talking about below the seat, facing the bow
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Mine has a storage box that goes in that hole .... If you are talking about below the seat, facing the bow
    Yeah, that's where I'm talking about. It's an interesting spot, given that the seat is over the top and the storage compartment behind it isn't accessible from the top because of the flip up reclining seat.

Personally, I think when all is said and done, that having the heatercraft blower and hot tubes under the driver's seat and under the flip up seat's storage compartment will work out pretty well. Good place to keep all that hose.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

That does sound like a good plan. Only issue I would see is that those flip up seats are the strongest and if someone laid against it wrong, it would smash the extended hoses. Or you could have the houses come out of the seat base, facing the cabin.

How are you going to get the heater box in there?

The storage box is a slide out box.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

The seat towards the stern, past the flip up ... I'm guessing that compartment runs all the way under the driver seat?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

The seat towards the stern, past the flip up ... I'm guessing that compartment runs all the way under the driver seat?
    Yes, the storage compartment runs from under the driver's seat ALL the way back with NO dividers at all. If I put a baseball in the slot at the driver's feet, it could roll all the way to the back of the starboard locker and hit the back of the hull.

This is the storage compartment that you'd talking about, and there are no partitions at all.

Last edited by trayson; 10-21-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

That does sound like a good plan. Only issue I would see is that those flip up seats are the strongest and if someone laid against it wrong, it would smash the extended hoses. Or you could have the houses come out of the seat base, facing the cabin.

How are you going to get the heater box in there?

The storage box is a slide out box.
    My plan is to put the heatercraft box under where the flip up backrest is behind the driver. That backrest has a solid carpeted panel so even if the hinges failed completely, the heater and hoses would be fine.

Where does the factory put the heater box and the hot tubes on the XLV from the factory?
    Last edited by trayson; 10-21-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: Cutout under driver's seat? 2008 XLV

That makes sense. At first I thought you meant the tubes would pull from under the flip up seat, instead of the seatbase.
    Id think the factory location for the heater box is under the helm, towards the bow.

Here is what was likely under the driver seat ...

2016 Moomba Mojo

Trayson the panel you originally asked about is an access to the bolts that good the seat down.

Pretty sweet that supra made a drawer for it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]