Thread: Exile XM7

Default Exile XM7

Exile has some demo's on their website for $520. Is this a decent deal?
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR

Default Exile XM7

I would think so. Much cheaper than new

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Its easy to see the discount price for comparing the demo to new, but if you want to compare them to what else is on the market, look at the Memphis Audio 15-MM62TS. They are comparable in most aspects, including a swivel clamp. This gives the price some scale.

Default Exile XM7

That seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Jason - the XM7's available are typically demo units and they are usually marked down 30% from retail. I think its a stretch to compare it to a the memphis speaker. It's rated at 50% less power, its a 2 ohm speaker versus a 4 ohm speaker, and what MLA calls a spin clamp is not similar to the Exile clamp. Under the visuals you will find wires that hang loose. The exile clamp is stainless steal. The Memphis is chrome plated Alumin. The Exile clamp system is protected under US patent and integrates an audio connector that allows 360 spin and quick disconnect. There are several youtube videos on it if you want more information.

The XM7 has now replaced by the larger XM9 model. On the Moomba forum, a few guys have owned both the 7's and 9's. PM them for some opinions.

-Brian

We recently purchased a 2015 LSV. The head unit is a Fusion MS-RA205, the amp is a Kicker KXM800.5, sub under the helm, 6 kicker speakers in the boat. What amp should I look at for these speakers or something like them?
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR

its a 2 ohm speaker versus a 4 ohm speaker
    Can you explain for the forum, the relevance? Are you saying a 4 ohm woofer performs better than a 2 ohm?

what MLA calls a spin clamp is not similar to the Exile clamp
    Not me calling it anything, check the manufactures site.

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...kers/15mm62ts/

2Ω design
    Compression horn tweeter design
    Water resistant UV coated housing for use in harsh environments
    Adjustable aluminum mounting hardware
    Swivel mount allows housing to rotate 360 degrees
    It's rated at 50% less power
    Ratings are given by each manufacturer, but the voice coil diameter, is what tells the story in real world power handling. I think most any independent would say this is a fair comparison, especially since there are so few 6.5" pro-axial HLCD's on the market these days. Certainly anyone that has listened to both, would say its a fair comparison. One good thing about the Memphis, is that one can walk into a local retailer and get a demo.

little of topic but hey man in my opinion those xm 7's at demo price are a great deal. i would scoop them up myself as i always check the deals/ demo page on exiles site but I'm gonna work on my in boats and adding a sub first. if your looking for tower speakers thats a good deal for hlcd's.
    2013 outbackv