Use 1in...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Use 1in...
    The price jump to 1" was a LOT.

My platform is still quite functional. I just thought I'd give my experience so others could have it to consider...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Trayson, where did you find the 3/4" HDPE at? I lost my platform and thinking of doing the same and can't find a piece for $130.

Quote Originally Posted by afm187 View Post
    Trayson, where did you find the 3/4" HDPE at? I lost my platform and thinking of doing the same and can't find a piece for $130.
    Here's my source:
    Derek Couch
    Inside Sales
    Professional Plastics, Inc.
    19801 SW 95th Ave
    Tualatin, OR 97062
    PH: 503-612-1661 x 1204

I was able to get mine shipped to me for cheap because I live an hour from their warehouse. But still, he should be in the range of $120 before shipping. I got the black HDPE and really like that a ton over white.

If you just want an easy ebay auction, try this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-X-24-X-5...item3c9f301bce

Or get exactly what you want on this ebay auction:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-WHITE-BL...item45f09d894b
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Why not put the platform on a hinge allowing it to float up only from the standard position? It would then add no resistance during surfing and still support you fine once some weight was upon it. Or a spring holding it down a little when you come to a stop.

Since the boats are driven so loaded, why not raise the platforms height? Of have multiple heights (drilled or slotted track on transom)?

I have seen more than once where a person hits the transom with a board while riding the board. Possible for the board to go under the platform if it is raised too high or even worse a person. If you have a loose platform they really bang up and down a lot when stopping or waves hitting. Something like this would have the same problem but probably worse. It can get pretty rough out there.
    Sorry to be a buzz kill. Interesting idea though.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Why not put the platform on a hinge allowing it to float up only from the standard position? It would then add no resistance during surfing and still support you fine once some weight was upon it. Or a spring holding it down a little when you come to a stop.

Since the boats are driven so loaded, why not raise the platforms height? Of have multiple heights (drilled or slotted track on transom)?

I have no issues with my standard platform except and occasional spray, wave is fine. I have 4k in ballast easy.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Not hurting my feelings. I am very new to this. It was just a thought. I can see your concern in regards to colliding with it either flopping up and hitting it. Not likely to be able to hit the prop.

Next I will be trying to fill my ballast bags with water exhausted thru the engine! Rev it a bit and instant fill. Maybe in a colder climate, Texas is hot enough
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post

Having a smooth bottom to the platform is key. Eliminating the lip on the fiberglass platforms that acts like a shovel destroying your wave and taking away a ton of the energy from it. Likewise, simply cutting off the corners so that the platform matches the natural contour of the water flow of the water coming off the corners of the hull. That's the ticket.

There's a big difference between this:

And this:

Notice above that the new platform only comes out to the tiedown eyes. pretty decent decrease in width.

Nice smooth bottom, no lip.

And a comparison before I rounded the corners off some more on the new platform.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Here's my source:
    Derek Couch
    Inside Sales
    Professional Plastics, Inc.
    19801 SW 95th Ave
    Tualatin, OR 97062
    PH: 503-612-1661 x 1204

I was able to get mine shipped to me for cheap because I live an hour from their warehouse. But still, he should be in the range of $120 before shipping. I got the black HDPE and really like that a ton over white.

If you just want an easy ebay auction, try this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-X-24-X-5...item3c9f301bce

Or get exactly what you want on this ebay auction:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-WHITE-BL...item45f09d894b

Awesome thank you for the info Trayson. I'm measuring this weekend and ordering next week.