Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Made some changes to the platform last night. cut a little more away and now have rounded corners. Sorry for the pic, it was in the dark with my phone...

We'll be testing it out after work today.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

much better with the rounder edges. Looking good.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    much better with the rounder edges. Looking good.
    Thanks, I tried to make the arc of the curve look aesthetically like a continuation of the curve of the handle. Ultimately I had to use a sharpie on a string as my method to draw the arc. Then I cut it freehand with a jigsaw. It could use some finish sanding, but we'll see how it does this afternoon.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Thanks, I tried to make the arc of the curve look aesthetically like a continuation of the curve of the handle.
    My first impression was that the curve looked "right" and flowed right into the handle. Well done.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    My first impression was that the curve looked "right" and flowed right into the handle. Well done.
    Thanks, that is what I was going for.

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Trayson, Love the new platform. If you are going to do another ghetto gate install I would assume that the OEM platform wont rub the wave as the boat wont be as listed ??? so will the oem get some glass work on the bottom side and re-installed?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Trayson, Love the new platform. If you are going to do another ghetto gate install I would assume that the OEM platform wont rub the wave as the boat wont be as listed ??? so will the oem get some glass work on the bottom side and re-installed?
    hard to say. leaving this one on for the foreseeable future is certainly the easiest move, so I'll likely do that. no real reason not to. I do like the handles. after a set, when the boat comes along side me, it's great to just have a handle to reach out and grab the platform.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

agreed always liked the supra handle ring.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Update on my platform. I noticed this weekend that my platform seems to be bowing down in the center between the two brackets. it's still perfectly functional but it's definitely not level from side to side.

I'm sure that the fact that it's 3/4" is part of the reason. I have to wonder if the heat of the exhaust is also a factor? Obviously, the fact that I only have 2 platform brackets and no center support (my supra had 3 brackets) is allowing it to bend/warp a little.

I wonder if I would have been better off with come kind of bracing between the two brackets, maybe like angle iron (but aluminum)?

Again, it's not hurting anything and you really don't notice it unless you're looking for it. But I figured I'd mention it. I'll try to get some pics soon.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I was thinking aluminum square tubing at the start of the read as well. Unfortunately it would mean lifting your turf but would probably solve the problem.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap