Threaded View

Default XLV custom Surf platform.

So, I've been finding that my platform is cutting into my surf wave and the lip on the bottom is robbing me of push. I had the same problem on my Supra and made a custom platform for it.

This time I had more flexibility as there were only 2 platform brackets to deal with. I chose to make it out of black 3/4" HDPE. I was able to source some for $130 shipped. I then ordered some royal blue diamondd cut Hydroturf for padding. ($40 + $18 shipping for supposedly B stock but aside from some smudges on one corner that I cut off, it looked great to me). I went on Amazon and ordered the good contact cement that's made from the original nasty chemicals. ($14 shipped on Amazon)

I decided to go with 54" wide so the platform is about the width of my transom tie down loops. At the tip, I went with 44". I came straight out 14" and then angled inward. the platform is 24" deep, so there's a right triangle cut out that's 5 and 10" on the respective sides.

This was pretty easy to cut using my chop saw. Another harbor freight purchase put to good use.

I had a pair of 12" stainless steel grab handles that I'd intended on using for my Supra but never got around to it. I decided to put these to use on the new platform. Something to grab onto when you're in the water after a run is kinda nice.

to mount the handles, I drilled a hole so I could access the nut on the end of the threaded bolt that was part of the handle. I just drilled a hole and enlarged it as necessary with my jig saw. I didn't care too much about the looks of it as it's going to be covered with the padding.

Last edited by trayson; 10-11-2014 at 12:17 AM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com