Default prosport chargers

Beginning the winterizing process and wondering what to do about the batteries. I have a prosport charger, if it is ok to leave the charger hooked up and plugged in through the winter?

Yeah, it will function as a trickle charger once the batteries are fully charged. That's one of the main benefits of having one. When next season comes no worries about dead batteries... 👍
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Which ProSport model do you have? Here is a link to the ProSport chargers showing featuers and benefits. http://promariner.com/products/water...osport-series/ Note on this page the STORAGE RECONDITION mode mentioned. It is a GOOD thing to leave the boat plugged in over the winter.

I recently installed a ProNautic P - series charger in my Monterey. It is built by the same company who builds the ProSport chargers and am really impressed with their products.

BTW, MY sailboat has a ProSport 20-plus in it and it has been plugged in full time for the last 4 years.

Plug the boat in every time you can.

Phil
    Kicker

Not to hijack the thread but recently was told to check out the Powermania charger? I'd never heard of them. Anybody on here have any knowledge?

http://www.powermaniausa.com/m212.html

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I have a prosport 20 plus and leave my boat plugged in unless it is in use and have never had a problem and I always have fully charged batteries

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but recently was told to check out the Powermania charger? I'd never heard of them. Anybody on here have any knowledge?

http://www.powermaniausa.com/m212.html
    Based on past experiences I am concerned about a fully potted charger when used with a heavy load (seriously depleted battery). They tend to cook from not having adequate dissipation. So I would recommend this for more of a maintenance charger on a moderate battery. Big difference between a fully potted unit and a sealed chassis unit like the ProSport in this respect.