Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Illinois/Wisconsin Lakes

Does anyone know of any nice lake in IL or WI that has cabin rentals on the lake (with slips)? I go to Hayward WI every year but would like to know of a few other lakes I can take my family to. I also would like to know what speed-rpm is for a 05 mobius lsv with the bags empty. I just want to know mine are dialed in correctly. Anyone from the rockford area?

Thanks Chuck

Default Replying to Topic 'Illinois/Wisconsin Lakes'

I calibrated speedo and perfect pass last week using a GPS (bags empty). I was surprised to see almost 3200rpm at 30mph. Water temperature right around 50. I would expect lower rpm in warmer water but I'm not sure. GPS is handy. It's an '05 Lsv with 320 EFI.

Im in Madison Wisconsin and Ive been looking at renting a cabin on either Lake Geneva or up in the Wisconsin Dells area. The one I was looking at on Lake Geneva even had its own Irish Pub right on the grounds. You could stagger back to your cabin full of Guiness without getting near any car, boat or power tools. You gotta love that. Both areas seemed to offer plenty of cabin / resorts that fit any budget.
    Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

Lake Shelbyville in Illinois has a pretty nice resort called Eagle Creek and I believe that they do have severa cabins out on the point that they rent out. The last time I was there they were adding a bunch of slips for boat and should have had them done quite some time ago.

I believe the Lithia Springs area has some small cabins near there although I don't believe they are right on the lake like Eagle Creek.

I just stayed at Eagle Creek over memorial weekend and I'd have to withdraw my recommendation. Not nearly as nice as I thought it was when I stayed there several years ago. It's not a bad place, but it is very overpriced, everything from the rooms ($140 a night) to the food. The room we were in was looking a little run down and the service wasn't that great. The other thing that bothered me was that they wanted another $20 a night to dock your boat in one of their slips.

Hey Sir,

Are the lakes around Hayward pretty good? Can you recommend a good cabin?

Here in IL we boat on Clinton lake and there are no cabins. I have been to Rend Lake but only camped.

I want to look at Kentucky lake as a possiblity this year.

Sorry I can be of more help.

SirMobius,
    Have you checked out www.vrbo.com yet? It's "vacation rentals by owner". I found several cabins on varius lakes that way. You can also try www.cyberrentals.com

Let us know what you find.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

Hey Radryan,

We stay at Kiefers resort. It consists of 4 cabins on Little Round. Cabins range from three to one bedrooms. Best place I've stayed yet. Weve been going there for 15 years and my wifes family has been going there for 60 plus. Has your own slips, private sand beach crystal clear water, all updated amenities, grills, swim platform. The lake attaches to Big round wich is a huge lake, (litte round is not small by any means, so if you get bored riding on butter all day then you can go there and fight through the chop. hey also include a small row boat if you want to fish. We usually bring the ski boat and the fishing boat with us. The fishing is awesome, the wakeboarding is awesome, and the location is awesome. I'm 34 with a wife and two boys. We go every year for a week, and every year its the highlight of our summer. Also there a small but great marina that carries everything from bait to top of the line gear. There gas price are not that bad for being on the lake.

Hope this helps

Chuck

Is that resort in Illinois or Wisconsin? Do they have a website? The place sounds perfect!
    Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold