Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Trayson I am glad to see you are having so much fun on that boat. I miss it but glad it went to someone who is making it even better then it was. I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it to justify keep her. Sorry about the tower speakers I honestly didn't know they had stopped working. I need to come out to Washington next season for a ride.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by irish-racing View Post
    Trayson I am glad to see you are having so much fun on that boat. I miss it but glad it went to someone who is making it even better then it was. I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it to justify keep her. Sorry about the tower speakers I honestly didn't know they had stopped working. I need to come out to Washington next season for a ride.
    splicing the RCA took all of 5 minutes, so big deal there. and the other loose connection in the towers was just motivation to put the new Kicker HLCD speakers in the cans. And they CRANK! so that's awesome.

Trust me, I was always sorting out way more stuff in my 22 year old Supra! This boat is easy by comparison!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Is the blue on my XLV the "Brittany blue" that everyone talks about on this forum, or is it another color?

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have Brittany Blue as one of the main colors on my OBV and it looks the same to me.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Update on my boat...

If you missed it, I rounded the corners on my custom platform and I think it looks a lot better that way.

The Ridgeline still handles it way better than most would give it credit for. And I love being able to tow with the cover on.

First winterization went pretty good.

I put new metalflake registration decals on in the Moomba Masque font:
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I started with the adding of new thru-hulls and larger pumps:

I sold my Exile ZLD Mk2 and got myself a WS420SQ like I had in my last boat:

And I ordered a Faria depth/watertemp/airtemp gauge that I plan to wire up to my existing paddlewheel temp sensor and depth transducer.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

The Ridgeline still handles it way better than most would give it credit for. And I love being able to tow with the cover on.

Do you tow with the Bimini on too? I have the Z5 cargo and was told I shouldn't.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Do you tow with the Bimini on too? I have the Z5 cargo and was told I shouldn't.
    The specs on the Monster say to not tow at speeds over 45mph. I've left it on for short distances (~6 miles) towing moderate speeds (~60mph) on the freeway, and it's been okay thus far.

If I'm going to tow any farther, I definitely take off the fabric. I don't have any qualms about towing with the fabric off and the frame on.

That said, I intend on making it more of a "quick release" to take the fabric off so it's not as much of a production to take off the fabric.

I only had the XLV for a matter of weeks before the season ended. I had the fabric off the bimini most the time (which unfortuntately on the Monster defeats the purpose of having the cargo bimini in the first place because the bungees for the boards are integrated into the fabric). But I'm thinking of rigging up something that would allow for no fabric and still carrying boards... we'll see...

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default From 92 Supra Sunsport to 2008 Moomba XLV!

I have a quick release on my cargo Bimini string. I used some quick release key chains from Lowe's. I can get a pic if you want. Cheap, easy, and works well.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

We had the Z5 on the LSV and we would tow all the time up to 65mph and pretty much any distance. I would tow it to LBC 3.5 hours, Eugene 2 hours, and Washington 2 hours and never an issue.

I Did mount it so it was angled slightly down in the front so the air pressure was pushing it down.

I how ever did not store my boat outside, and I sprayed it with 303 UV protectant a couple times in the summer to keep it from fading or drying out.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]