Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ninedriver View Post
    And from all of us with "some tacky/dated/played-out tribal design" on our boats, I guess a collective "ouch" is in order...
    LOLOL! (sorry, I couldn't resist!!!).

Hey, at least you don't have the MB with the tribal on the whole Hull and throughout the upholstery!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Ha, no sweat

I'm actually thinking about growing out a mullet too, problem is with my hair thinning on top I'll just look like Benjamin Franklin...
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Congrats from the east coast. Don't post a lot but I read the forum a lot. I recently upgraded from an 05 LSV to a 14 MOJO this past July. Thought I was going to miss my LSV because we had it so long and had so much fun with it, but I quickly got over that as soon as I got my grubby little hands on the MOJO. I love it! Hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I do mine.
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the xlv clan...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Well, I've been busy with my XLV. I've taken it out about 5 or 6 times now and have been having fun and tweaking/modifying things along the way.

Audio
    When I got the boat, there was a bad whine in the audio system. I started with adding a ground for the head unit to the battery and making sure everything else was grounded to that same battery neg.

I also found that the left tower speakers weren't working. That one turned out to be a bad RCA going into the amp, so I spliced a new end on the cable. After that, one of the tower left tower speakers still wasn't getting any sound, so I took out the speaker and found a broken lead where it was soldered to the terminal. I was planning on swapping out to the Kicker HLCD 6500.2 system so I pulled all the polks out of the cans and put the kickers in.

I also found that the bow speakers were wired off deck power while the rest of the amp powered speakers were running through the Exile ZLD mk2. I couldn't stand that, so I quickly rewired the bow speakers to the amp that was powering the rest of the cabin speakers.

There was an IPOD input going into the glovebox, which is great. But the deck had the ability to have an aux input as well as a USB input. So I wired in a 3.5mm aux input to the glove box as well as extending the USB so it's likewise in the glovebox.

I also added a car dock for my Samsung phone that suctions to the windshield and added an aux input that connects my phone to the aux input of the Exile ZLD mk2.

You can see the new tower speakers in this pic:

Cleaning & refurbishing
    Of course I gave the vinyl a good cleaning and cleaned all the nooks and crannies. I took care of a few little things like adding some electrical tape to the centercap of the steering wheel so it stays on instead of falling off. Tightened the screws on the various shocks. I bought some 1/4" bungee cord at Walmart and put new bungees on the tower racks and also on the Monster Cargo Bimini.

The batteries were about done, so I yanked the batteries out of my camping trailer and put them in the boat. Irish Racing had the battery tender style pigtails going to the batteries, so I put those same ends on my float chargers to make it easy to keep things topped off.

Ballast System
    When I got the boat, it had a 650 in the center basement locker, and 1100 port side and a 400 starboard. I bought another 1100 and have that in the starboard now. Eventually I'll get the 1180 gravity center bag (probably during the wakemakers black friday sale). The bags don't have vents, so eventually I'll do that. In the meantime I put the regular fly high quick connect fittings on the unused port. this allows for not only quick venting of the rear bags, but also lets me hook my portable Tsunami pump onto the bag to have double fill or double drain going on.

One of the bags also was filling while underway, so I spent the $13 and got a new sprinkler valve. Eventually I'll be changing out the whole ballast system, but I wanted it to work as designed for the time being.

The owner before Irish Racing had taken the hard cooler that went under the gap on the port seats and filled it with concrete. While this is a nifty way to add more ballast, I'd just as soon have that as a functional cooler so I bought another coleman party stacker cooler for $25 off Amazon and use it as a cooler again. the in floor "cooler" has basically become our trash can.

Upgrades
    I have also added some upgrades. The boat didn't have a safety chain on the bow, so I added one of those. Also the oem jack had bent, so the boat came with a clamp on jack that really was too small for the trailer. But Irish Racing included a new Fulton F2 double wheel jack so all I needed was the adapter plate and then I got that on.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

All in all, I am truly loving the boat. The seating layout is absolutely fantastic. I love the two flip up seats on the playpen walkthough. the front most backrest actually doubles as a windblock between the bow and cabin.

Someone had commented on the hinges of my flip up seats. The bow hinges look pretty stout to me, but the flip up seat behind the driver's seat seems a little less robust. I love that flip up too though!
    Playpen backrest:

Backrest behind driver's seat:

A lot of people don't like the fact that the driver's seat doesn't swivel. I really don't miss the swivel. maybe because I have the wrap around front seating and no walkthrough it's different? Dunno. But the driver's seat seems to be awesome as is. Love the flip up bolster and I don't seem to miss the legroom with the pair of 12" subs under the helm.

I have to say that going to the multi-line version of Perfect pass wakeboard pro is awesome. I like the presets and love how the display is flushed into the dash. Also having a power wakeplate is fantastic. And fuel injection is SO nice. not only do i have more reliability, but I have more power and BETTER fuel efficiency than my Supra could have ever dreamed of. Like I said, the interior is huge and well thought out. the playpen bow is noticeably bigger than the supra's (like a whole person bigger). The storage compartments are deep and plentiful. the rear lockers easily fit a ton of wake and surfboards. In fact, I regulary have been putting 2 surfboards, a wakeskate, a wakeboard, a couple life vests and 3 inflated bouy balls in the lockers with a little room to spare.

The boat also handles the chop better than my supra did. And the wakeboard wake is fantastic with just the center 650 filled. The surf wave is okay. It has potential. Right now I've been running the rear surfside locker full (prob around 900, doesn't seem to fill the full 1100). And the center 650. One time I piggybacked a 400 on top of the 650. Like I said, the gravity 1180 will eventually go there. I do find that the swim platform is cutting into my surf wave and the lip on the bottom is robbing me of push. I had a similar problem with my supra and fixed that with a custom platform. I've been working on a custom platform and have it basically done, just need to let the contact cement dry.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....558#post254558
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Great work trayson! I love the 07 08 seats. They brought them back in the mojo line.
    I'm working on the seat swivel. Let me know if that is on your list.
    I assume with the new platform your going with the nss style gate again.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Great work trayson! I love the 07 08 seats. They brought them back in the mojo line.
    I'm working on the seat swivel. Let me know if that is on your list.
    I assume with the new platform your going with the nss style gate again.
    Ya know, the swivel seat isn't a huge priority for me so far. it might end up on the list at some point, but for now, the fixed seat seems to be fine. the gaps beside and behind the seat seem to be good places for our flip flops too. haha.

I've thought long and hard about how I could do an NSS style gate. but with the hull contours of the XLV, it would be really tough. For the short term, I'm going to go a 'ghetto gate' and think about what I could do for long term. maybe down the road a surfgate with actuators might be decent. We'll see.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Nice writr up Trayson!! I enjoy seeing all the little things your doing... really hoping youll do a surfgate style add on... I love reading about those additions!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Added some more mods to the boat. Put on version 1 of the custom surf platform. I'll trim off more of the corners and round them as version 2.

The winch that was on there wasn't confidence inspiring. it just didn't seem to engage the gear to lock it in place with enough certainty that I knew it wasn't going to pop out of gear. So I threw down and got a nice Fulton F2 winch. I like it a lot. I did have to buy 2 longer stainless carriage bolts, but other than that, install was a snap.

I also went ahead and got some ratcheting/retractable stern tie downs. I know that boat buckle's are the "go to" strap, but for 1/2 the price, I went with the $30 Erickson's. I think they'll work out fine.

(pic was taken when the platform happened to be off)
    www.TraysonsToybox.com