Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Winter Modifications (what are your plans)

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Planning on doing some surfing over the winter.
    Riiiiight!

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by valleywine View Post
    Berg.......did you use the same size as stock?
    Not much is stock on mine. Struts I had measure about 12" or so fully extended. I couldn't find any 13" variations so I just moved the brackets in closer to gain the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Berg! Make it a full built in cooler with flip up lid cushion and built in drain. Then come make me one.
    Right! My built in cooler actually works great. Not sure what I'm going to do on that side if this all comes together. The thought of cutting and re-fiberglassing scares me. Plus all the cables and wiring harnesses run down that side and would be more exposed. May just leave it as is and build around it - have a weird little cubby storage spot.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

My Winter plan we will see what happens

1. I would like to recover all the back seat and back deck. (I have a friend who just had is done in a tige by a local guy for $500.) not factor vinyl but it looks and feels real nice. so when I am done using my boat I am going to take it to him for pricing.

2. I need to replace my factor interior speakers I got 2 out of six blown.

3. I would like to do an automatic surf tab system. been looking at tab systems. (this is the big one.)
    2007 supra 21v

Move to 750 lb bags in the back and an IBS in the front. Will order in next couple of weeks.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

[QUOTE=bergermaister;253683]Not much is stock on mine. Struts I had measure about 12" or so fully extended. I couldn't find any 13" variations so I just moved the brackets in closer to gain the same effect.

Berg.....you moved the bracket attached to the lid? Or did you move the bracket mounted to the boat. I tried drilling into the bottom of the lid but the material doesn't hold a screw. Anybody know what it is? I think the existing holes have threaded inserts but they bind due to the angle of the struts. Any chance you have a pic?
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

My winter projects list is a challenge. Boat is in storage that is not heated and does not have lights or electricity. Here is what I hope to do:

Bow windscreen
    hot cold shower
    IBS system
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by valleywine View Post
    Berg.....you moved the bracket attached to the lid? Or did you move the bracket mounted to the boat. I tried drilling into the bottom of the lid but the material doesn't hold a screw. Anybody know what it is? I think the existing holes have threaded inserts but they bind due to the angle of the struts. Any chance you have a pic?
    Yes, the one attached to the lid. I used self tapping stainless, the largest I could fit through the bracket holes. The material is kind of soft so I did a little pilot hole and screwed slowly,,,, ahem. If those ever strip out I will glue in some inserts and go to a bolt.

The soft material was also a concern for going to a heavier push strut - didn't want the brackets working loose. Could maybe get a pic for you tonight. But remember (or maybe not) mine was a blank slate going from a one piece rear lid to a 3 piece and adding hinges and struts.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Winter Modifications (what are your plans)

Well I already got started on my winter projects. Got the amps and wiring fixed/cleaned up. Added a new control panel for all my LED lighting, Amp remote, bilge pump, and dual battery switch. I'll post the before and after so you can see the difference![

Here is the before

And the after

I don't have the cash to buy out all Exile and Wet Sounds, so I'm working on a much lower budget! Needless to say it looks a lot better and sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bergermaister; 09-26-2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Fixin stuff

Sorry first post didn't work out so great, here's some more after shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an old girl that I've brought back to life. This winter it's
    Paint
    Trailer fenders and paint
    More tower speakers
    Tower light bar

Last winter was a lot of work. Expecting this winter to be similar.