Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Here is the raw video that was going when we hit. It should be just about the middle of the clip...just wait for the "bump."
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

1:02... Ouch.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Man that made me sick on the stomach watching. We normally put in at seaforth and a few weeks ago we rode over pass the dam and headed up towards stinky creek. There was a lot of sticks and small limbs floating from the hard rains a few days earlier. I had just told the wife and our crew I was turning around before we hit something. Got turned around heading back to the dam and all the sudden the whole boat started shacking. I immediately shut it down and started with the F bomb thinking I had just tore it up and we was a long way from the ramp. I got that sick feeling in my belly going oh shit this is gonna be bad!! I jumped in and swim under to feel the prop (I need to buy dive goggles, not that you could see in Jordan lake with them anyways). The prop felt fine other then the small ding already in it. Got back in and fired it up, slowly eased her into gear with no vibration. Slowly sped up still with no vibrations all the way to WO. Looked it over after loading at the end of the day with no noted damage. Only thing I can figure was I limb got in the prop and come out as soon as I shut it down.
    I hate seeing post of prop strike and I always worry about it. I hope you get her fixed soon and hopeful we will run across y'all on Jordan one day (far away for underwater hazards)!!
    Todd

2013 Mobius LSV
    2008 Stingray 205LR sold

Wow. I've been extremely lucky with all of my boats, sad to see that video, but its all repairable. Easy for me to say I know. Hope to see everyone out at jordan sometimes though. I think I'm stil the only red Supra on the lake still.

BTW, we're having a small event on Ebenezer Pt Sept 21st Sunday in the afternoon. Should be some boats anchored on the beach, come on by for a bite to eat and watch some skiing if you can make it! JY

Quote Originally Posted by SupraLaunch21V View Post
    Wow. I've been extremely lucky with all of my boats, sad to see that video, but its all repairable. Easy for me to say I know. Hope to see everyone out at jordan sometimes though. I think I'm stil the only red Supra on the lake still.

BTW, we're having a small event on Ebenezer Pt Sept 21st Sunday in the afternoon. Should be some boats anchored on the beach, come on by for a bite to eat and watch some skiing if you can make it! JY
    Darn man, we will be out of the state that weekend. If we weren't, we'd stop by to at least meet another forum member (and of corse EAT lol). Hope y'all have a great time and be safe.
    Todd

2013 Mobius LSV
    2008 Stingray 205LR sold

Dang that makes me sick to see/hear/feel that. Been there and done that unfortunately. The shop will get it back to new again and you will be good to go. Good luck.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMTP933 View Post
    Man that made me sick on the stomach watching. We normally put in at seaforth and a few weeks ago we rode over pass the dam and headed up towards stinky creek. There was a lot of sticks and small limbs floating from the hard rains a few days earlier. I had just told the wife and our crew I was turning around before we hit something. Got turned around heading back to the dam and all the sudden the whole boat started shacking. I immediately shut it down and started with the F bomb thinking I had just tore it up and we was a long way from the ramp. I got that sick feeling in my belly going oh shit this is gonna be bad!! I jumped in and swim under to feel the prop (I need to buy dive goggles, not that you could see in Jordan lake with them anyways). The prop felt fine other then the small ding already in it. Got back in and fired it up, slowly eased her into gear with no vibration. Slowly sped up still with no vibrations all the way to WO. Looked it over after loading at the end of the day with no noted damage. Only thing I can figure was I limb got in the prop and come out as soon as I shut it down.
    I hate seeing post of prop strike and I always worry about it. I hope you get her fixed soon and hopeful we will run across y'all on Jordan one day (far away for underwater hazards)!!
    Yeah Todd.....pretty much the same feeling, but just not the happy ending for me! LOL. Yeah I always put in at Poe ramp / B. Evertt damn and head up to "party cove" normally. I have been to this cove that I had the strike in before but never...and I mean never have seen any logs floating there and I always see skis and boats going WO in there. I really would like to report the spot to the park service or some that would check it out and consider marking it as a hazard, but I I don't know how good it would do.

I mean for something that soild to lift my boat and jack up my boat that bad I would think it would warrent being considered. As for running across you this year / fall idk if I will even have it fixed in time, but yeah we will have to try and link up if so or worse case next spring for sure. I normally try to gather a few buddys of mine and we roll into Jordan and chill normally with our ladies, but here lately I have just been going out on Sundays. If I come out I will be a passenger on someones boat, so you know what that means.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Dang that makes me sick to see/hear/feel that. Been there and done that unfortunately. The shop will get it back to new again and you will be good to go. Good luck.

Yeah they will, but I guess the best part is that it is at the end of the seasson or near the end at least. I am just not looking forwad to the $$$ because I was with Skisafe insurance and they are being a pain and giving me a runn around saying that I was "out of my coverage months." I am not a happy camper with them right now.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

Quote Originally Posted by SupraLaunch21V View Post

Sounds like a good time, but I am sure my boat will be apart still that week or just getting put back together. I will have to try and get out there with one of my buddies and his dirty nasty "non-moomba" boat. It would be nice to be a passenger for a change on someone elses boat, but I am sure I am still going to be upset that my boat will not be there.

Keep me posted and I will try and make it for sure.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

Well.....I finally have my boat fixed and hopefully back out on the water next weekend. TOTAL BILL: $3047.58. + LESSON LEARNED = PRICELESS.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV