Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I missed the part about the strut and shaft. I lost a shaft on my St. Insurance covered it all and then some since I saved them a bunch by doing it myself and I put on a dripless seal. Parts for a new prop, staft, strut bushing seal was about 1500 Insurance posted about 2k

Default !!! Bad prop strike !!! Help!!!

Google skips propeller in charleston sc . Can repair about 130. Used them several times

2012 Mojo

Sorry to hear about your experience on Jordan. I boat there too and I cringe when I have to boat after a hard rain when the trees and trash come in from the Haw River. Unfortunately, there are even some cut tree stumps in 15' of water and above, really crazy lake to boat in. Thanks for giving the location, that helps. I sent my prop to ProMarine in Greensboro, did a great job I think. Best of luck. Hope to see you out there next time. JY

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMojo View Post
    Google skips propeller in charleston sc . Can repair about 130. Used them several times
    2012 Mojo
    Take your prop off before you take it in. Have insurance replace it. Then send it to skip's for repair and you have your backup ready to go next time you have a minor event.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Just had the exact thing happen this summer.

$400 shaft
    $160 strut
    $150 dripless seal
    $500 new prop. Sent my damaged one to repair which cost $175 and looks brand new. Now I have a spare
    $1100 labor
    $500 or so in gel coat repair. I only had a tiny bit of spidering where the strut mounted. I didn't even see it but the dealer said if you are going to go through the insurance you might as well just do. The fiberglass guy looked at it and laughed saying he wouldn't waste the $ to fix something so small, but I said just do it since it wouldn't cost me anything.
    went through the insurance and paid my $1000 deductible and they covered the rest. Good as new!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

We boat at Jordan all the time. I hate this happened to you and hope for a speedy repair and not much out of pocket. I've got a small ding in one blade and a small split in another blade from Jordan and didn't even realize we hit anything so I'm not sure where it was. Thanks also for the location, we will stay away from there.
    Todd

2013 Mobius LSV
    2008 Stingray 205LR sold

I will do indeed.......Thanks for the info! I have a "future" brother in-law that has an 2009 LSV and he sent his prop off to there before too. I have heard good things about them thus far.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

So you know the sickning feeling when you heard the sound then and the moment you finally seen it out of the water!! I am still sick over it!!
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

For all that want to see the raw video that was going when the strike happened.

http://youtu.be/qu92NDZ_GAg

Enjoy....it will be about halfway in the middle of the clip.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

For all of those that want to see the raw gopro clip that I got when we had the strike.

http://youtu.be/qu92NDZ_GAg

Enjoy....LOL
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV