Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation !!! Bad prop strike !!! Help!!!

So....after my hard work this week fixing my bow rails I have yet ran into another problem. I went out today and took my Black and green lady to Lake Jordan here in NC. I was having a good day with a team mate of mine until things took a turn for worse with a bad prop strike from a sumerged log we asssume after looking at the video that I just so had going from my gopro for the kiddos. Without the video you would not belive me if I told you I was running in 18.3. feet of water in a open lake right!!

My question is what should I expect roughly in price or repairs? I will upload pictures but what external damange I can tell is bent prop.....drive shaft guide bent....and probably bent drive shaft....YES....that is how hard we hit and thankfully no one was hurt!

In likes my bad day I dropped my crippled boat off at the mechanice and told him no rush because season is almost over and I plan on calling the insurance company tomrrow just for good measure because I am concerned with unseen damage.

Does anyone have any idea on the amount of cost and damage from possible experences?

(Check attachment for pics)image_1.jpgimage.jpgphoto.jpg
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

Photos like that make me feel sick... good luck man, hope they can get you back on the water quickly without breaking the bank!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Shouldn't be too much more than a bill. It doesn't look look that bad.

Yeah I hope they get me back in the water within the next couple of weeks, but we will see. I know the pictures are not the best in the post, but I will say that I have never had a prop strike this rough ever on any boat that I have been around. At the end of the day I am glad that it will just be a bill for the boat and not hospital bills! I will try to clip down the video and upload it just for a quick little scare.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

This was from several years ago and dealer pricing but...

Prop ~ $400-500
    Strut ~ $380
    Shaft/Coupler ~ $450
    Rudder/Rudder Port ~ $480

Gel repair and labor can add up quick if are you looking at any of that. Hope things go quickly and smoothly for you!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

When were you at Jordan lots of rocks there.
    2004 Mobius LSV 340 HP
    Gravity III Ballast
    750s in Rear
    Stock 400 in Front

Yup. $2500 is about right. $500 for prop, $400 or so for strut and $400 for shaft. About that much for labor plus any gelcoat repair.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for the rough prices. I was figuring about that much for sure. I was on Jordan yesterday for a few hours in the late morning into the early afternoon. I was just North of Vista Point boat ramp on the West side of the lake. Where I hit the log / prop killer was right around the mouth of the larger kick back cove and not the one that you can use to shoot up to HWY 64.

I normally always put in at Poes landing / B evert dam area and travel up, but after the strike I limped myself back with help of the wind to the boat ramp there and asked someone for some help to get back to my truck. We figured it would be better to take more time traveling and waiting than causing more damage limping it back.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

Default Re: !!! Bad prop strike !!! Help!!!

Insurance?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

We hit ours in about 12ft of water in a (supposedly) marked channel! After the "THUD" all we saw was muddy swirls of wood chips. Something big down there though. Good thing we were only above an idle.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...