Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surf Wake

Default Surf Wake

Went out today and wanted to try setting up the boat for wake surfing. This is my first attempt. We had the surf side rear full, opposite side rear empty, front full, flow gate completely extended, wake plate 1/2, speed 10.5 mph, I sat on surf side and my wife sat middle back. We didn't have a board for my son to surf on so he drove.

2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR

Default Surf Wake

Dou you have an IBS?

2012 Mojo

Yes...there is an IBS. We have the standard 1800 lb system that came on the boat.
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR

Default Surf Wake

This is my wave. You need more curl.

2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

Any advice on how to get there? I see you are running 1900lb surf side anything else I might look at?
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Jason05216 View Post
    Went out today and wanted to try setting up the boat for wake surfing. This is my first attempt. We had the surf side rear full, opposite side rear empty, front full, flow gate completely extended, wake plate 1/2, speed 10.5 mph, I sat on surf side and my wife sat middle back. We didn't have a board for my son to surf on so he drove.

Couple things.

First, with the FLOW, you need to be evenly weighted in the back to start and then empty up to a quarter of the water out of the non surf side to see if the wave gets cleaner.

Second, if your boat came as a surf edition, you should be closer to 2450 pounds (650 Left Rear + 650 Right Rear + 500 Center Tank + 650 IBS.) You stated in an earlier post that it was 1800 pounds.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I was thinking I didn't get that right from the dealer. It sure seemed heavier in the front than just 500 lbs with the bags under the seats full. I couldn't find anything in my manuals that said how much weight and where it is placed. Thanks for that info.

I read that about equal weighting and completely forgot while we were out playing around. Should I run the front full as well?
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR

Should I run the front full as well?
    Yes, full center tank and full IBS.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I was thinking I didn't get that right from the dealer. It sure seemed heavier in the front than just 500 lbs with the bags under the seats full. I couldn't find anything in my manuals that said how much weight and where it is placed. Thanks for that info.

I read that about equal weighting and completely forgot while we were out playing around. Should I run the front full as well?
    Just call wakemakers and tell them your specs on your boat model. They know exactly how to weight it for surfing. They get all kinds of feedback and reviews.
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

I'm going to give it another go this weekend and see if I can't get it right.
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR