Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    I have seen your posts on flow. While I agree that there are some basic similarities between the two boats in weighting, I really don't consider any info on the mojo to be relevant to my setup/ hull. Your boat can hold much more weight and has a different hull shape. I expect that the lsv will respond quite differently to employing the flow system and different ballast weighting.
    yes absolutely but i think the difference you see in regular weighting and goofy will be the same
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Hull warranty question

I agree there, for sure.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I hear what you're saying but all they need is a reason to not cover it, I would think.

I'm just wondering if there is any point in paying the extra to the dealership to install the flow (also a 5+ hr trip- one way and they want it for 3 or 4 days) to keep my hull warranty intact. If I had drilled extra thru-hull fittings for pumps, is my hull warranty gone anyway?
    A franchise Dealer can void a warranty just a quick as an owner can. Warranty is backed by manufacturer, not dealer. Dealer just agrees to do work at a set price and get reimbursed. Manufacturer is no more obligated to cover a problem caused by dealer, than problem caused by owner.

Default Hull warranty question

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    A franchise Dealer can void a warranty just a quick as an owner can. Warranty is backed by manufacturer, not dealer. Dealer just agrees to do work at a set price and get reimbursed. Manufacturer is no more obligated to cover a problem caused by dealer, than problem caused by owner.
    How can this be correct if sc are requiring
    us to have a dealer do the install? Why would I pay a dealership to do work that I am perfectly capable of doing, if sc are no more likely to cover a potential hull issue that is theoretically under warranty? What recourse would I have if a 'dealer installed flow' caused a problem on my hull and sc decided not to cover it because their dealer did a poor job? I believe in sc a bit more than that...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

How can this be correct if sc are requiring
    us to have a dealer do the install? Why would I pay a dealership to do work that I am perfectly capable of doing, if sc are no more likely to cover a potential hull issue that is theoretically under warranty? What recourse would I have if a 'dealer installed flow' caused a problem on my hull and sc decided not to cover it because their dealer did a poor job? I believe in sc a bit more than that...
    Without reading the documentation from SC specifically regarding the Flow, I cant say specifically. My comments are general about owners doing work. In most states, there are statutes that prevent a manufacture from forcing service work to be done by a dealer (this is aimed at the auto industry) in order to keep a warranty intact. One way around this for the SC and the Flow, would be to designate the Flow a factory retrofit and component not for retail sale. This means its shipped to the dealer and the dealer installs it per the manufacturer.

A couple of examples regarding my general statements: You order your boat without a tower, then decide you want one installed. Dealer installs an OEM tower. 6 months later, you see stress cracks. These would not be covered. Dealer winterizes your boat, but misses some water. It freezes and cracks the block. Normally, and engine failure would be covered, but not this simply because the dealer did the work.