Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hull warranty question

For those of you that have drilled new holes for dedicated ballasts pumps, is your lifetime hull warranty intact?

I am wondering about the difference between this and installing the flow DIY...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

Drill what you want. They would have to prove what you did caused the hull problem. I installed my flow myself. Just a warning there are no instructions, Assembl e and familiarize yourself with the parts. measure then Mark measure again double check marks and measure again. once I got the flow installed I realized my swim platform and my transom tiedown hooks aren't centered. so someone at sc isn't doing there job.
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

I added a 4th pump to my ballast system but did not add a thru hole, just Tee'd off a existing factory thru hull
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodude24 View Post
    Drill what you want. They would have to prove what you did caused the hull problem. I installed my flow myself. Just a warning there are no instructions, Assembl e and familiarize yourself with the parts. measure then Mark measure again double check marks and measure again. once I got the flow installed I realized my swim platform and my transom tiedown hooks aren't centered. so someone at sc isn't doing there job.
    I hear what you're saying but all they need is a reason to not cover it, I would think.

I'm just wondering if there is any point in paying the extra to the dealership to install the flow (also a 5+ hr trip- one way and they want it for 3 or 4 days) to keep my hull warranty intact. If I had drilled extra thru-hull fittings for pumps, is my hull warranty gone anyway?

The flow for my 08 fits different than for yours, because of the contour of the hull. When you installed yours, did it bolt thru the hull (washers and nuts inside the lockers) or was it more of a lag type bolt? I don't have access to the lower part of the hull from inside the locker.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

The hulls are the same. The 2 upper bolts are drilled thru into the locker with nuts. The bottom 4 are 4" screws going into stringers below locker floor.
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

Got it, thanks. Sorry, I missed that you had an lsv.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I've been playing with make-shift gates on my lsv and saw some improvement in the wave and even weighting the boat, but I still ended up putting more weight on one side than the other. How do you weight your lsv with flow? And what settings on the flow do you find are best? We surf 50/50 regular and goofy, so I'm looking for the best setup for both sides.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Ok you asked about drilling holes, then want to toss in the FLOW which is a whole other game then just drilling holes.

Drilling a hole for Ballast is one thing, NO this doesn't void the hull warranty, BUT if you spider crack from this location, or it caused another hole drilled next to it from the factory to spider, then NO Warranty will be issued.

The FLOW I was told HAS TO BE INSTALLED by a DEALER. Other wise any damage, to the unit, hull, cracking, spiders will NOT BE WARRANTIED.

This is because the Flow is pulling a HUGE stress on the rear of the boat. Its creating a TON of drag and if everything isn't completely Flush, and drilled correctly it can cause cracks.

This also only voids the area you installed in. Not the entire boat.

This is what I was told when I purchased my Flow, this is why my Dealer installed it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    I've been playing with make-shift gates on my lsv and saw some improvement in the wave and even weighting the boat, but I still ended up putting more weight on one side than the other. How do you weight your lsv with flow? And what settings on the flow do you find are best? We surf 50/50 regular and goofy, so I'm looking for the best setup for both sides.
    I'm sure you have seen my Flow posts.

I can weight evenly on my Mojo for Regular riders. Goofy is still classic weight one side, but I deploy the flow to lengthen and shape the wave so its nice and clean.

I have to weight classic on Goofy otherwise my riders tell me there is no Push.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I'm sure you have seen my Flow posts.

I can weight evenly on my Mojo for Regular riders. Goofy is still classic weight one side, but I deploy the flow to lengthen and shape the wave so its nice and clean.

I have to weight classic on Goofy otherwise my riders tell me there is no Push.
    I have seen your posts on flow. While I agree that there are some basic similarities between the two boats in weighting, I really don't consider any info on the mojo to be relevant to my setup/ hull. Your boat can hold much more weight and has a different hull shape. I expect that the lsv will respond quite differently to employing the flow system and different ballast weighting.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro