Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: contact at SC?

Default contact at SC?

Hey guys ... just wondering if anyone has a contact at SC that they would be able to share?

I have dragged my feet on this issue but I want to drop SC a line to see if there is anything that they can do.

I bought the Mojo back in the early summer and we were charged $25XX for PDI. When the boat arrived we did the water test and quickly found out that the tower was making a bad rattling noise. Dealer said he would fix it before shipping our boat to us. I called the dealer again before the boat was to ship to confirm it was fixed and he assured me it was and it was water tested. Once the boat arrived here, I dropped it in the water and the rattle was there immediately. It was not fixed. I contacted the dealer back and was livid. He said they screwed up and didnt fix it. They shipped me a bunch of washers from Extreme Towers along with a hand written note on how to install it myself!!

Also, when the boat arrived, the tower speakers were still in the box (I had to wire/mount them myself) the tower racks were not installed and to top it all off none of the batteries were connected.

Now am I wrong in thinking that these things should have been included in the PDI? Normally when you buy a 65K boat those basic things would be done no?

I have tried to contact the dealer a few times to get a contact at SC but they wont reply.

I know SC won't give me any $$$ back but I am hoping that maybe they can do something to make the situation a little better.

Thoughts?
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

http://www.skierschoice.com/

Skier’s Choice, Inc.
    1717 Henry G. Lane Street
    Maryville, TN 37801
    Voice 865.983.9924
    Fax 865.983.9950

ask for customer service, they are pretty good about getting right back to you. Sorry you had to deal with that issues, these boats should be ready to run day one..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Maybe Rick will chime in shortly on this. Please remember that boats aren't like cars and sometimes things happen on new boats. We are on our 6th boat 3 new / 3 used. Two new ones had a punch list at the end season to fix things. Minor things not to run to dealer mid season for. I would not have accepted a boat without the speakers installed, as a matter of fact I had then rewire the rats nest of speaker wire / LED wire before I would take the Mondo. This reminds me I have to call my dealer and see if I need to send the Bimini boot back since I received a replacement for the one that shredded itself.

All new and used boats have issues doesn't matter if it's 65K or 140K. SC is a great company with great people. I'm sure they will be able to help.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

i bout a brand new outback v this year popped an exhaust leek (felt gasket) paid for shipping and parts just because i didn't want to drive to the dealer an hour and a halve away to claim warranty(mid season) ((holidays)). point being these dealers should be more helping like i need to pay for even a fifty dollar gasket and shipping its a brand new boat thats why i bought it( not to deal with those things). maybe i should have been more stern but i guess thats how they make there money right.
    2013 outbackv

I will be glad to follow up with this situation. Yes, Tower speakers should have been installed by the dealer. Which dealer did you buy the boat from?

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    I will be glad to follow up with this situation. Yes, Tower speakers should have been installed by the dealer. Which dealer did you buy the boat from?
    We bought the boat from Bay Marine in Trenton, Ontario Canada.

http://www.bay-marine.com/
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    We bought the boat from Bay Marine in Trenton, Ontario Canada.

http://www.bay-marine.com/
    and you're in BC?!

I've been to bay marine a few times, guys seemed nice... but trying to make calls to them for replacement parts are usually yeah, we'll look into and call you back... and they never do.

not a lot of options in Ontario though.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

I tell ya I had a awesome dealer in KY at Denny marine ... always gets right back to me and didnt even charge a PDI at all .. Im a sales consultant myself at a car dealership and I can say their service on my Mondo has been world class !
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    and you're in BC?!

I've been to bay marine a few times, guys seemed nice... but trying to make calls to them for replacement parts are usually yeah, we'll look into and call you back... and they

not a lot of options in Ontario though.
    I purchased my 2012 LSV from them I wasn't charged pdi and the boat was tested but things didn't work when I got home 4 hours away it took 6 months to get it sorted out and calls never got returned.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD