Default Exhile XM9 install in 2013 MOJO

I encountered a problem installing the Exhile XM9's on my 2013 MOJO right from the start. The speaker clamp was to big for the size tube of the tower. Even tightened all the way the clamp was to big and would spin around the tube of the tower. So I needed something quick to act as a spacer that didn't look to tacky. I went to Lowe's and the best recommendation they could give was to cut a groove in a piece of wood and place it between the tower and clamp. I wanted something that looked a little less tacky, so I searched through the store for some more ideas. I initially wanted a rubber material that was pliable enough to form around the metal tower, but hard enough to hold space between the tower and clamp with the tight pressure that would be applied. Eventually I found a rubber coupling in the plumbing section. I used the 2 inch size coupling and cut a section out of it long ways to place it around the tower and placed the clamp over it. It has worked great as the rubber bites down on the metal tower and does not allow any movement of the speaker. It is also black and matches my black tower so you can't even tell it's there. There are other options that would work great, but this was a quick easy fix that was inexpensive and worked great. There are other tips and recommendations I would feel free to share if you have a question about my install, thanks.

'13 MOJO
    Exhile
    4 XM9
    4 SX65-M
    1 XM30.2
    2 Fosgate 10' sub
    1 Fosgate M750-1D amp

Default Exhile XM9 install in 2013 MOJO

Welcome to the forhum. Please do share with me the install tips on your Mohjo. I would certainly enjoy hearing some recommendations of yours. Thanks in advance.
    -Jake

I assume you have the standard OZ tower? I do as well. There are other clamps available that will fit your tower, just let Exile know you need them...
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost