Default Fresh Air Exhaust Falling off?

This is my second FAE that I've installed and I'm not sure why this install keeps failing off one side. Probably something to do with debris floating in the river and hitting it. So I finally broken down and added some additional screws to help hold it in place.

Only took a few minutes, I removed the FAE and disconnected the rams holding the wakeplate.

Then using an over sized drill bit. I drilled from the inside of the exhaust tube out, near the edge. Drilling threw the metal insert and outer plastic. I didn't want to mess with trying to tighten the screws, just placed them in the holes and slipped the FAE hose over and tightened the hose clamps..

Doubtful it'll come off again...

IMG_20140828_094522.jpg
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Both mine would come off. I did the same thing, I screwed through the rubber connector into the plastic exhaust port. Then put the band clamp over the screws to hold them in as well.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Brilliant.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I dragged my feet doing it earlier because I didn't think there's enough room for the drill. If you drill from the inside out there's no issues with space..

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I dragged my feet doing it earlier because I didn't think there's enough room for the drill. If you drill from the inside out there's no issues with space..
    Did you drill through the outer rubber coupling like Mike did? OR just thru your plastic exhaust port and the metal spacer inside?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Did you drill through the outer rubber coupling like Mike did? OR just thru your plastic exhaust port and the metal spacer inside?

Just the plastic exhaust port and the metal spacer inside, unless you have a 90 angle drill or something it's hard to get the clearance needed...

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Just the plastic exhaust port and the metal spacer inside, unless you have a 90 angle drill or something it's hard to get the clearance needed...
    I have one of these, it's honestly one of the best tools I ever bought. comes in super handy when doing stereo installs too.

They're like $20 or less at home depot.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Fresh Air Exhaust Falling off?

Here is what FAE sent to me.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I did as FAE suggested and it hasn't budged in almost a year.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron