Default Lets talk Camber

Ok guys have any of you rode a cambered board yet? I could not find one anywhere to demo and I really wanted something different to ride. So I ordered a Ronix Parks Modello. I'm looking forward to getting it and I will do a full write up on it once I get it. I'll be coming off of a 2010 Watson hybrid which should be a big change.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Ok guys have any of you rode a cambered board yet? I could not find one anywhere to demo and I really wanted something different to ride. So I ordered a Ronix Parks Modello. I'm looking forward to getting it and I will do a full write up on it once I get it. I'll be coming off of a 2010 Watson hybrid which should be a big change.
    What is this "cambered" board you speak of???
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Lets talk Camber

Very sticky and hard to ride IMO. If there could be an absolute polar opposite to a Watson a camber bandwagon board would be it.

Fwiw the Watson is prob my favorite board. Prob a reason it's the most sold board in the LF lineup and still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tnbrooks01; 08-29-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Well I guess this will be interesting lol. I was getting really stale with my riding and having a hard time finding the motivation to keep progressing. I'm hoping that this will just give me a different dimension to figure out. I picked it up for under 3 bills so if I don't like it I'm not out too much.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

David camber explained in the snowboarding world.

-Mark

"Hey you only live once"

Default Lets talk Camber

David camber explained in the snowboarding world.

So this board is shaped like a rainbow?? How does that even work on the water??

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Lets talk Camber

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So this board is shaped like a rainbow?? How does that even work on the water??

Sent from my iPhone

I believe the concept is supposed to be multiple edge surfaces to be very responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

So i have not yet tested out the camber but will probably try one out next season. But as far a the change from your watson hybrid to the parks modello i think you wont be disappointed. I went from a 2012 watson hybrid to a 2012 parks modello and the change has changed all my feelings towards wakeboarding. The shape of the parks is awesome and how much more it locks you in on your edge is far greater than anything i have ever experienced.
    Don't get me wrong i loved my Hybrid but there is definitely something to say about the parks shape. And as far as the whole shape of the board, the only difference is the camber, the technology of his board is very close to what i ride.
    2012 Mojo

OK so I've been waiting until a couple pulls on the camber before I posted a review. I've probably got 4 hours on the board and I'm still trying to figure it out. My Watson hybrid was so consistent and easy to ride this is a whole new ball game. I'm not sure if it is my riding but I'm really struggling to get consistent pop. Toe side seems really slow and I'm struggling to go w2w. With that said when I do ride with perfect technic I get booted literally. This board pops and lands so much smother and faster. But I'm still trying to perfect it. With that said I'm struggling but not willing to give up.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"