Default The boy wakesurfing

Well, I set out this weekend to get all of my kids up on a surfboard behind the boat. I have a 5'3" "Fish" surfboard. The board is huge for them but it is what I got. My kids are 12, 10, and 6. My girls (12 & 10) both are up and getting some slack in the rope. They are still learning balance and when they get that down I'll get a smaller board that they can actually drive. My boy is just too light to push the board down enough to get some leverage to stand up. So, we opted for body surfing so he could join the surfing too. Here's the video of him surfing.

Using Tapatalk on my Aye-phone
    William

2013 Mobius LSV
    "Surf" Swim Platform, Gravity III Ballast Upgrade with 750s in the rear lockers and a Heater
    JL M600/6 Amp, 6 Cabin Speakers (4 kicker & 2 Polk Audio), 2-Samson S7HD Tower Speakers, JL M10IB5 Sub

My Boat

Default The boy wakesurfing

Damn tapatalk! I'll re-upload the video from my computer in a couple minutes.

Using Tapatalk on my Aye-phone
    William

2013 Mobius LSV
    "Surf" Swim Platform, Gravity III Ballast Upgrade with 750s in the rear lockers and a Heater
    JL M600/6 Amp, 6 Cabin Speakers (4 kicker & 2 Polk Audio), 2-Samson S7HD Tower Speakers, JL M10IB5 Sub

My Boat

whats your weighting?
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

For my son:
    Stock Belly tank Full (600lbs)
    Goofy Locker Full (750lbs)
    Driver Seat Full (100lbs) 12 year old steering while I took video
    My other daughter and I in the Goofy side rear seat (270lbs)
    Bow plane fully deployed (extended as far down into the water as possible) to lengthen the wave and get it back away from the boat so he didnt have to drop off the ~3 foot wave directly at the transom.

For my daughters the previous day:
    Stock Belly tank Full (600lbs)
    Goofy Locker Full (750lbs)
    Driver Seat Full (200lbs)
    Fat Sac as far forward as possible in the walkway (370lbs)
    Friend (200lb) in the back seat on the goofy side
    Wife and rest of my kids kinda spread around the boat.
    Bow plane fully deployed

If I brought the bow plane all of the way up then the engine would surge, run faster, and the prop would cavitate. I think the cavitation has something to do with the nicks and the slight prop tip deformation I got from a stump in a cove that I was idling into that day for a swim. I also think I might be getting close to the absolute max capability of the stock prop. (ACME 537 13.5"x16")

I surfed this wave and it was big (3.5-4ft from swim platform to top of curl) and pushed hard. One time I came down off the wave with enough speed that had I not put the brakes on the back of the board would have gone past the transom and I could have just hopped onto the sundeck. With the brakes on I almost hit the transom.

I'm going to buy a better heavy weight (High Altitude) prop like the ACME 1617 14"x13.75" because I want to go bigger.

AND...

I want to get the 650lb IBS, another 370-400lb sac to put on the surf side, and keep the 370lb sac I have in the walkway.

OR...

I will be getting the 600lb IBS, the Flow system, another 370-400lb sac to put on the surf side (as needed), and keep the 370lb sac I have in the walkway.

With all of that said, does anybody have $2000 that want to donate to the make the best possible surf wake fund?
    William

2013 Mobius LSV

My Boat