Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Mike, I'm proud of your board.
    I respect that LOL.

I am more then sure my weight keeps me from the wake to wake, and is a good reason other tricks are hard to do. The board is sized for me though, 141 board. It feels decent riding in the flats and its a master of the catching an edge..Or maybe I'm a master of it..
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I will have some first-hand experience in the next couple of weeks, but you guys should check out the new Nomad from Slingshot. I'll test out the 160 and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I will have some first-hand experience in the next couple of weeks, but you guys should check out the new Nomad from Slingshot. I'll test out the 160 and report back.
    I had to go look that board up because I was thinking Man thats a big board at 160. Looks like that is just a larger board by design.

When I got mine a few years ago 141 was considered a big board, but its also pretty heavy. I have 2012 bindings which are the newer lighter style. I do want to start wake boarding more though, just need to man up a bit more.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I ride a 139 Ronix Mana that I got on sale due to it being like two years old. Wish I could have found a 141 or 142 version but oh well. 141 is not that big IMO.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I ride a 139 Ronix Mana that I got on sale due to it being like two years old. Wish I could have found a 141 or 142 version but oh well. 141 is not that big IMO.
    Maybe that's part of my whole problem I have a board that's to small for me and it makes riding harder.

I removed the center track fins to make it more lose to allow it to spin easier, made learning switch a lot easier because I could slowly rotate into it.

I am so tempted to buy that Slingshot lol. I think I will have to see if I can demo one from AWS this summer.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I agree 141 is on the smaller side. I just picked up a 142 and I'm approx 6 ft 180 lbs.

David, I had a 138 and like you, felt like I'd benefit from something larger. I grabbed an outlet board from evogear.com.

http://www.evo.com/outlet-shop/wake/wakeboards.aspx
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 05-07-2015 at 09:37 AM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Maybe that's part of my whole problem I have a board that's to small for me and it makes riding harder.

I removed the center track fins to make it more lose to allow it to spin easier, made learning switch a lot easier because I could slowly rotate into it.

I am so tempted to buy that Slingshot lol. I think I will have to see if I can demo one from AWS this summer.
    I agree, the Nomad might be just the ticket for ya man. Go big (on board size) or go home! haha.

Seriously though, there's a couple good threads on WW about that board and the riders have nothing but good things to say about it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Go buy one of these for under $300 shipped. They don't have the 160 right now but even the smallest 150 will be substantially bigger than any other wakeboard you will have ridden: http://blemboard.com/collections/wak...hot-nomad-blem

I'm about 215 and ride an older LF 143 but only about 10x a summer anymore in perfect conditions. Never getting a new one with these knees.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I dont like those slingshots. Rode one last year and my face go introduced to the water of keystone lake at a speed that would make .223 remington seem slow....
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD