Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There are typical components along the line: Key switch, transmission neutral safety switch, starter relay and then starter/solenoid. Start at the starter and work back until you find where the crank voltage from the key switch stops. Much easier with a helper.

JesseC,

Do you have a part number for the starter relay? It's worth a shot.
    2003 Moomba Outback LSV

MLA,

This has only occurred once we are out in the water, never off the trailer. I just bought the boat in March, and am not all that handy. Our first boat, too, so just trying to figure things out. With this issue only occurring once we are out in the water, it's kind of difficult to troubleshoot, not just because of my lack of knowledge, but also because we are always out trying to have a good time, so the boat is all cluttered up. If am checking voltage, I assume I will need to have a ground, which is another reason I need to know where it is. I can trace to negative from the batteries a all the way back to the engine, if that is all I need to do.
    2003 Moomba Outback LSV

If it happens again, jiggle the shifter to make sure its fully locked in neutral. Its real easy to not have the shifter in neutral and then shut the engine off. This leaves the neutral safety switch open, thus interrupting the crank voltage from the key.