Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Guts to do Invert

I hate getting older!! My skin must be getting thicker or something like that because it takes longer for the fear to leave my body.

Using Tapatalk on my Aye-phone
    William

2013 Mobius LSV
    "Surf" Swim Platform, Gravity III Ballast Upgrade with 750s in the rear lockers and a Heater
    JL M600/6 Amp, 6 Cabin Speakers (4 kicker & 2 Polk Audio), 2-Samson S7HD Tower Speakers, JL M10IB5 Sub

My Boat

I found it easier to do a tantrum than any other invert. I learned how to do it from some youtube videos. I did fracture my knee, tore my lcl, and my meniscus 2 weekends ago doing a tantrum. I'm not sure what I did wrong, as soon as I landed my knee felt like it exploded.
    2015 Supra SE 550

I'm sort of in the same boat, but 31 here.

I landed one when I was about 26 on my old Ski Ray inboard boat with a much smaller wake than the Moomba. You definitely have to commit. I remember sore knees and a chipped tooth from trying. I finally got it down so I was pretty consistent that same year, but the years after I didn't try it as much so now when I go to try it, its hit or miss as I haven't "hard coded" it into my brain yet.

I also can't do a proper back flip to save my life, as my brain shuts down and my eyes close as soon as I go backwards so I can't prepare for the landing. No matter what I do I can't change this...weird.

A couple videos I was watching...some say you don't need to know how to do a backflip, while others say its a good idea to try on a trampoline first or land to make sure your comfortable doing it and are "air aware". I'm going to go with the second as its always a good idea to be comfortable doing flips.

Good luck with whatever you try. Im going to give it a try by loading down the side and slowing to 17, see if I can't stick them again.

2013 outbackv

As said earlier in the thread I teach a very low impact method to most all tricks. Learnwake.com is a very good resource. I do slow boat boat down 17-18 or so and only weight the takeoff side. This give a real washy landing area that is softer for the falls that you will take.
    Start out with a long line maybe 75ft and start with 1 wake then after you land a few of those go to about 55ft and take it w2w.

For hs backroll I like legs to be straight while learning. this keep rope tension even based on how much edge you approach with. Even weight on both feet. Don't wheelie out of it on back foot trying to throw it the backroll. You will crash and that hurts! I think the most important part is to keep elbows pinned to your hips. Tilt head to put ear to back shoulder while slightly looking over lead shoulder. If your head is turned too much to lead shoulder you will go to revert.

Give it a shot, shoot some video and we can go from there. Get the hs backroll then I would move to toeside backroll and follow that up with tantrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation causes your worse fears to come true...
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Quote Originally Posted by ninedriver View Post
    Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation causes your worse fears to come true...
    From the best movie of all time:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thanks for all of the replies. The getting older thing is part of it. I turned 31 in April. I just wish I had some people to go ride with around here so I could get more practice. My wife won't drive the boat.

2008 Mobius LSV
    Wakemakers Gravity III ballast Upgrade
    Wakeboard prop
    2 Wetsounds Pro 80's, 2 Wetsounds MB8's

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    From the best movie of all time:
    RIP...Crazy Swazy..
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Quote Originally Posted by boarder3304 View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies. The getting older thing is part of it. I turned 31 in April. I just wish I had some people to go ride with around here so I could get more practice. My wife won't drive the boat.

I hear ya...I keep telling her she needs to learn so she can take me.