Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My wife actually enjoys driving the boat. in fact, when it comes to pulling a surfer, she's easily as good of a driver as I am.

Those of you with a wife that won't drive, do you have perfect pass? I do and it makes ALL the difference. When you take the whole maintaining the perfect speed out of the equation, it's pretty damn easy for her to drive. She's literally never been behind the wheel of a boat EVER and was able to get up to speed driving quite quickly.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My wife drove our SN just a handful of times for the 13 years we owned it. She has tripled that with the Supra in the three years we have had it. My son drives mostly (supervised) when I'm being pulled. He started when he was ten. All due to PP.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Those of you with a wife that won't drive, do you have perfect pass? I do and it makes ALL the difference.
    ^^^ completely agree........I have my 16 yr old daughter drive all the time (though she isn't really in love with the idea) and as long as you have someone who can operate a steering wheel then there's really nothing else to it.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Guts to do Invert

Yes, we have PP. For her it isn't matter of keeping speed, but being afraid of being the one responsible for where the boat is going and the people in it. She's afraid she'll hit something submerged, turn the boat wrong and someone will fly off the seat, etc...she's a worrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Mobius LSV
    Wakemakers Gravity III ballast Upgrade
    Wakeboard prop
    2 Wetsounds Pro 80's, 2 Wetsounds MB8's

^^That's a good thing

My wife drives for me all time. We started going out with just the two of us during the week and there was no dock where we launch at so you can not just tie the boat to a dock while you park the truck so she had to learn quick how to load and unload from the trailer. Now she does it so often she is probably more proficient at it than I am. She was also forced to learn to pull me since when we go out with just us two I still want to ride. Now she will even pull doubles although she doesn't like too.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    My wife drives for me all time. We started going out with just the two of us during the week and there was no dock where we launch at so you can not just tie the boat to a dock while you park the truck so she had to learn quick how to load and unload from the trailer. Now she does it so often she is probably more proficient at it than I am. She was also forced to learn to pull me since when we go out with just us two I still want to ride. Now she will even pull doubles although she doesn't like too.
    You and your LAX Texas rules!!!! We HAVE to have a spotter by law in both WA and OR. :-/
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    You know I'm there with you. I don't think I've ever trailered this boat. Jill always makes fun of the helpless people that can't get the boat off of the trailer (or on). We saw a lady this weekend whose job was to sit there holding the boat on a leash until her husband got back to it.

She does get mad when she realizes she has driven more than I have on any given day (which are most days).
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Not sure if your still interested in throwing a backroll. (pretty old post) However, if you are I have a few things to share that helped me out. First and foremost you will have to commit! Always use the same length rope, boat speed, and weight. Make as many things consistent as you can, this will speed up the learning curve. Make sure your getting a nice straight pull and that your wake is not washed out. (weight the boat evenly) I ride full ballast, 22mph, 70ft line. However using a shorter line like a 65ft may make it more forgiving.

Practice making a progressive cut at the wake, again being consistent is key. So cut in progressively loading the line the entire cut to the wake, as you ride through the bottom of the wake start transferring more weight to your back foot. As you come off the top of the wake the combination of line load and the weight transfer should start your rotation. At that point pull the handle in, drop your outside shoulder, look over the opposite shoulder, keeping your eyes open continue looking and rotating your shoulder to spot your landing. It's easier than it sounds! Once you make one and feel the rotation they are incredibly easy. Progressively loading the line through to the top of the wake will usually make or break the trick. And remember once you have started your cut into the wake commit 110%. If you look at it as if when you try the trick you are going to fall anyway you may as well go big!

Good Luck
    Last edited by jikemones; 07-21-2015 at 10:33 AM.
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by boarder3304 View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies. The getting older thing is part of it. I turned 31 in April. I just wish I had some people to go ride with around here so I could get more practice. My wife won't drive the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My wife was the same way. We would go out and i would have her drive at whatever speed she wanted, then we would set the pp and pretend there was a rider and I would talk her through the scenarios. When she first started to pull I told her if she ever felt uncomfortable to just stop the boat.

Now she pulls me with our 8 month old in the tula strapped to her chest.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold