Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

MLA - your a WS retailer. He's a WS consumer. Thats the difference. I don't think there is any miss communication. I believe Ken is the National Sales manager for WS. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

Typically Mfg's have service departments to repair that ford engine you spoke about. If you ask to buy parts they will say no. If you send the speaker in for service, I'd think they will fix the speaker, and charge you accordingly.

Maybe MLA can fix you up and order in your parts under his dealer umbrella. It would be a waste to buy new speakers over a single blown driver.. Suggest you have MLA run interference for you.

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    MLA - your a WS retailer. He's a WS consumer. Thats the difference. I don't think there is any miss communication. I believe Ken is the National Sales manager for WS. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

Typically Mfg's have service departments to repair that ford engine you spoke about. If you ask to buy parts they will say no. If you send the speaker in for service, I'd think they will fix the speaker, and charge you accordingly.

Maybe MLA can fix you up and order in your parts under his dealer umbrella. It would be a waste to buy new speakers over a single blown driver.. Suggest you have MLA run interference for you.

-Brian
    I have heard Wetsounds was the best, was really Blown away that you can't buy parts, I don't get it.... With the ford engine crap,I just don't get it....he said it wouldn't be any money in repairing speakers.. Has to be a big misunderstanding .....?
    Last edited by off2fly; 08-27-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by off2fly View Post
    I have heard Wetsounds was the best, was really Blown away that you can't buy parts, I don't get it.... With the ford engine crap,I just don't get it....he said it wouldn't be any money in repairing speakers.. Has to be a big misunderstanding .....?
    Hello Vann,

This is Kent with Wetsounds. Sounds like a big mis-understanding indeed! lol

Call me at 504-338-7333 so I can explain what options are available to you.

Thanks,
    Kent Daigle
    Wetsounds
    VP Sales -USA

yes, mis understanding. No interference needed.

Vann, I spoke to Kent. He said sorry it was crazy busy today and he wasn't sure what you were asking and thought you were wanting to buy one speaker not get a speaker repaired.

Yes, we have replacement parts. yes we sometimes repair the drivers depending on the part. We repair the diaphragms on the compression drivers, re cone the XXX woofers and can re build the other drivers but usually if it is the mid bass, it is a better option to replace the mid bass with a new woofer so yes many times it is not worth the costs to repair the smaller drivers. I think thats what he was getting at.

So if you blow the compression driver, easy fix, blow just the mid bass, easy fix. You don't need to buy a new speaker, you only need to buy the part or see if we can repair it.

Kent said he was trying to get with you on phone to call you back. He was helping catch the calls as Rob in our tech and warranty department was busy.

Please get with Rob in my tech support and he can get you fixed up or you can email me direct at [email protected] and we can get it figured out.

If you want to pull the driver out and send it in, we can test it and see what part. from your original post, sounds like its the mid bass. If so, rob can get you fixed up.

Sorry, should have been a super easy process. Sorry for the mis communication

Tim
    Wet Sounds

Quote Originally Posted by off2fly View Post

off2fly,
    Something isn't making sense here. Wetsounds absolutely repairs speakers. Period. And many here have experienced that. The replacement midbass drivers and HLCD diaphragms are very reasonable.
    Talk to Rob in 'service' at Wetsounds. He knows the service policy. Somehow the communications between you and Ken just didn't click into place. Rob will clear this up for you.

Ooops, I'm 5 minutes late in my post. Got to learn to type faster.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post

Ooops, I'm 5 minutes late in my post. Got to learn to type faster.
    That's what happens when you retire. You get old too

off2fly, if I say anything about my experience with Wet Sounds and their service, it would mimmick what Tim, Kent, and the other guys have already said. It's really an easy process. If you don't have, or know of, a local dealer, call up WS and have them either refer you, or talk to the inside sales guys. In this case, do call Rob - his main job there is warranty and service.... They'll get you fixed up.

A huge misunderstanding, after calling him back,he didn't understand what I was trying to tell him and I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me.... Wow , most probably my fault, sometimes people don't understand my southern...LoL

Quote "That's what happens when you retire. You get old too."

I guess I won't get any sympathy from youth.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    Quote "That's what happens when you retire. You get old too."

I guess I won't get any sympathy from youth.
    hahaha..............

Retire,I will never retire,everybody I know that retired is way more busy than they were working...LoL