Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tower speaker hanging outside...

I'm thinking adding tower speaker on my mondo.... I did that on my 2006 outback, and keep hitting my head on the speaker...I'm 6'3"..
    So I was thinking the speaker could be hanging outside the tower.
    Anyone has done that? Do you have some pics??

Thanks
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

I am going to move my speakers to the top of the tower because I keep hitting my head on them too. My Sampsons have quick release bases that make it really easy for me to remove my speakers. So, all I have to do is cut and sew holes in my bimini to allow just the the posts to poke through.

I have seen other people do it to "hard mounted" speakers and there is a good example here in wetsounds' customer installs gallery. Skip to the picture 43 and checkout how they did it on that boat. My holes are going to be just like those but I wont make that long cut behind the hole for the velcro mine will ony be the small circular part.
    William

2013 Mobius LSV
    "Surf" Swim Platform, Gravity III Ballast Upgrade with 750s in the rear lockers and a Heater
    JL M600/6 Amp, 6 Cabin Speakers (4 kicker & 2 Polk Audio), 2-Samson S7HD Tower Speakers, JL M10IB5 Sub

My Boat

Default Tower speaker hanging outside...

2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Lol......Mickey the Mondo !!!!!
    Last edited by Sampp1963; 07-21-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I am going to move my speakers to the top of the tower because I keep hitting my head on them too. My Sampsons have quick release bases that make it really easy for me to remove my speakers. So, all I have to do is cut and sew holes in my bimini to allow just the the posts to poke through.

I have seen other people do it to "hard mounted" speakers and there is a good example here in wetsounds' customer installs gallery. Skip to the picture 43 and checkout how they did it on that boat. My holes are going to be just like those but I wont make that long cut behind the hole for the velcro mine will ony be the small circular part.
    Over the tower?? I dont know..I would be afraid for the wakeboard rope to get stuck on the speakers...
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

That won't be a problem for me because my speakers are mounted pretty far forward on the tower (about 1 foot infront of the tow point) and pretty far out to the side so the rider would have to be in front of the tow point to get the rope into the speakers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    William

2013 Mobius LSV
    "Surf" Swim Platform, Gravity III Ballast Upgrade with 750s in the rear lockers and a Heater
    JL M600/6 Amp, 6 Cabin Speakers (4 kicker & 2 Polk Audio), 2-Samson S7HD Tower Speakers, JL M10IB5 Sub

My Boat

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    If you really want the Micky look, you need to be like me and put your Exile Bouy balls up on the top of the tower!!!

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think it really boils down to personal preference and aesthetics. If it works for you, won't mess up your bimini top, and is easier than learning to duck every time, then go for it.

(I know - old boat, but that's like mine!)
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

If my tower was about 6 inches taller it wouldnt even matter at all. I want to add a few more speakers and underneath they will just be in the way. However, I will not be putting the speakers on top until i can fill the space "between the ears".
    William

2013 Mobius LSV

My Boat

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4