Default service and repairs

I was the proud new owner of an "05" Moomba Mobius LSV until just a couple months after getting it. I have had one problem after another mostly attributed to "salt water corrosion" none of which have been covered under warranty. , I feel I picked a nightmare of a dealer. Ski Boats of Palm Beaches misled me as to how well these boats do in saltwater. He put me at ease about buying from a dealer two hours from where I live by telling me any problems I would have he would reimburse me for labor and ship the parts to me. I found out the hard way he is not reliable and doesn't even have his own service department. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has had multiple problems due to saltwater corrosion.

Default Replying to Topic 'service and repairs'

What kinds of problems are you having? Also, does your boat have the closed cooking system? If your dealer sold you a boat that he knew you intended to run in salt water without advising you to get the closed cooling system then I can see some issues with that.

I live in La Paz, Mexico (not for long) i have the fresh water cooling system, the only problem i see is salt in every piece of metal, i alway use salt a way, no big problem so far 110 hrs.

I was advised by a friend to get the fresh water cooling system but told by my dealer it was not needed and if I had the flush kit and used it after every use, it was pretty much the same thing. We have always been faithful at cleaning the boat thoroughly after every use and using corrosion X. I have had alternator and starter problems all related to corrosion but no one can advise me as to how saltwater is getting to these parts.