Default Major Audio Issues

I’m having some serious trouble with my audio system. I have a 2014 Mojo with the Kicker M800.5 factory amp cabin/Sub and an additional Kicker M400.2amp for a set of Wetsounds tower speakers. There is a line control knob in the glove-box that acts as a fader for the tower and cabin. I have the factory remote on the driver’s side. First took delivery everything was fine. About 3 months later four cabin speakers blew. Took it back and found that both amp gains were set at 100%. This picture is how I think it is supposed to be wired.
    IThink.jpg

Got the boat back on Friday and took it out today. The stereo sounds like crap. There is noise that wasn’t there before. Sounds like alternator whine. The line control doesn’t do anything. I think the gains are still set too high. I can use the remote and have the volume about 5 and it is blasting. My son could have had the phone turned up loud. I’ll have to check that later. I looked at the amps and the gain that I could easily see was set to about 75%. I’ll have to get in there and really take a good look to see where everything is set. I checked the head unit settings and it looks like much of the tuning was in the head unit.

What I would like is to be able to control the volume for the cabin and tower individually but I don’t necessarily want to have to worry about an EQ. I want to keep the factory system until I’m ready for a complete upgrade but not anytime soon. I don’t want to have to wire anything, other than plugging in RCA cables, except power if required. I would like to tune the system like it’s supposed to be. I think I saw a thread about that recently. I don’t want to void the warranty though.

All of that to ask. What should I use to control cabin and tower speakers individually?
    Here are a few pictures. Some really suck some just suck a little

20140830_155719.jpg20140830_155125.jpg20140830_155135.jpg20140830_155232.jpg
    1991 Cobia Monte Carlo 188E (Sold)
    2014 Moomba Mojo (Sold)
    Next ??

Sam,

It certainly sounds like you have a few issues, one compounding on another. Any failed or defective OEM installed components would need to be dealt with through your Moomba dealer. Any components installed post factory, but not by you, would need to be handled by whom ever supplied/installed them. Beyond that, I would seek the assistance of credible marine mobile audio retailer/installer. Someone that understands where that Wet Sounds BT needs to be wired to. Someone that knows how to properly setup those amps. Those gains are definitely too high.

For independent tower and in-boat zone control, I would suggest the Kicker ZXM-RLC. This can be mounted at the helm, not in the glove box, where its most accessible.

Is it just me, or does it look like the lower right hand corner of the radio isn't even on the dash?

Do you have any marine audio, or car audio stores that actually do marine audio, in your area? Like Mike said, the Moomba dealer can only handle equipment issues. Tuning and setup needs to be done through an audio shop.

The picture is just bad. The radio is installed correctly.

Sorry for the venting but I guess my biggest complaint is that it did go to an audio shop. The dealer had to replace components because the audio shop didn't finish the job by leaving the gains at 100% the first time. Then when correcting the damage, didn't even re-install the original installation correctly.

Again, sorry for venting but it's just frustrating
    2014 Moomba Mojo (Sold)
    Next ??

Hold one service entity totally accountable and do not go on to another or upgrade until you are completely satisfied that the initial company did their job.
    Everyone is naturally more sensitive and alert after a service encounter. So take the time beforehand to go over every detail and trial everything upon the drop-off. Also, a little documentation can only help versus many of these details committed to memory. Humans are human so take a couple of extra measures to ensure success.
    Go over every function and trial that same list, item by item, upon pick-up before you exit.
    Let them know in advance. It should raise their intensity level a bit....even if they are super busy.

Dealer picked up my boat yesterday so I didn't have to drive all the way out to the shop. Saved me about an hour. I picked it up earlier today. I could not be happier with the results. There was a loose connection causing part of the problem. There were also some settings in the head unit that were screwed up. The manager was a stereo guy and completely tuned the system after making the repairs using the gains and crossover on the amps not the head unit. My boat was used as a training tool. He also re-wired the line control that was installed to operate the way I wanted it to. I haven't had a chance yet to go out and really turn it up but so far everything works like it is supposed to.

Sorry for the venting earlier.
    2014 Moomba Mojo (Sold)
    Next ??