Default Is this normal temp normal ?

IMG_6261.jpgIMG_6258.jpgquick breakdown .... 2002 supra launch 430 hours .... Started to overheat last week. the impeller was just bad. fixed it replaced it , and hit lake next day ran super cool for 4 hours at 140 never went up .... next day after 1 hour temp jumped to 180 in 2 secs... and i got nervous so went home .... replaced thermostat.... ... well i run it on hose (fake lake) and it warms up in 10 mins but keeps going !!!! pics.... used thermo gun ... to verify readings water is warm coming from exhaust .. water pump is not leaking so i figure its ok ? but maybe im wrong .... Should i just replace that as well ..or am i good at these temps
    Last edited by denalixxx; 08-24-2014 at 02:41 AM.

just got back from lake , temp went straight up after 10 mins .200 then 210 I shut off and removed the dam thermostat .. on water ... put back
    and temp was at 130 withing a min and never went above ..This was new thermostat that i tested boiling water and it opened maybe i put her in backwards ?? can i just run without the thermostat ? i am in vegas and water is warm with usual +100 every day.. ?

You CAN run without one, but are subject to some issues from what I understand. In cooler water, obscenely long warm ups, and potential for carbon build ups as well as head warping problems could arise from what I understand. I wouldn't worry too much if you're in warm water all the time. Is it EFI or Carbed? Some newer computers/EFI won't let you exceed "warm up phase" depending on engine and computer set ups. We had a '74 Mark Twain we ran for 10+ years without a thermostat, and it never had any issues except for long warm ups and the occasional idle/low rpm die.
    2007 LSV

Part of old impeller stuck in the system?

I would say your T stat was bad or backwards. Remember installing a T Stat the Spring goes Into the engine not the gooseneck.

Yes you can run without one but you may see a large fuel usage increase. 130 is not warmed up to an engine, and this will cause it to stay in Rich mode. This can cause spark plug fouling, long term valve issues, and exhaust manifold over temp issues all due to RICH fuel conditions.

I would just get another T Stat and try it again. If your day on the lake is at jeopardy pull it out.

I wouldn't suspect the water pump because the T stat does not create that big of a bottle neck, and a failing water pump normally leaks, squeals or shows you somehow its going bad.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

thermostat was installed with the spring showing .. upward ... i tested the temp stat in boiling water and it opened
    at 160 .... water pump was removed and examined its was perfect ... no leaks or noises ... i am in vegas so temps are warm - hot ... ps ... the t-stat was a new one .. and the impeller was replaced a week ago and i removed it with no missing pieces ... good water flow thru exhaust .... i am gonna try it with t-stat spring facing downward THANKS EVERYONE >>>

I've heard of t-stats that were bad right out of the box...
    2007 LSV