Default Alpine type R 10" subs... questions for you all

Ok, so my step-son just dropped these in my lap yesterday and said i needed bass for the boat. So obviously i'm in a mondo and am wondering if you all think 2 10's will do the job. I had a single 12 in my older boat and it sounded nice. Anyone had experience with these subs? They are SWR-1022D subs from whats on the magnet.

I am looking to put them in one box in the drivers footwell.

thanks in advance
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

from the owners manual you can run ported or sealed...

Ported 12.5" x 14.5" x 17.25" gross internal volume is 1.3ft cubed
    Sealed 11.5" x 11.5" x 12.75" gross internal volume is .65ft cubed

I just dropped those exact type and voice coil type in my convertible Vette but in the 8inch variety. They hit pretty hard for only 300watts. Still need to upgrade my amp to them but with the correct power to 2 10s I think you will be very happy.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Start with seeing if 2 will fit. You will need an enclosure thats at least 2x those internal volumes, since you will have 2 woofers. Those actual dimensions should be tossed out the window. You will need come up with your own dimensions, based on what the boat will allow.

sask - suggest you look at a sealed enclosure and run ~ 1.0cu per woofer. This will put you roughly 2cu feet and the enclosure will still be manageable in the helm. Make sure you have 500W of amplifier power for each sub. It sounds like you have the 2 ohm version of that sub so you need an amp that can deliver 1000W @ 1ohm to have the woofers reach their potential. Should sound great if you build the enclosure properly.

A word on sealed enclosures in general: Make sure you lift the enclosure off the floor a few inches to allow for airflow and mold reduction. Make 10,000% sure you seal the enclosure - inside caulk the seams and joints. On the outside, use weather stripping on the back of the woofers to seal them to the enclosure. Once you screw them into the box, do not remove unless absolutely necessary. Use marine grade materials and stainless hardware. You'll be grateful in the end that you did.

Cheers

-Brian

Thx fpr the replies gents... gonna take a run at this in the next week or so.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

If your pair of subs are indeed 2 ohm DVC, then your wiring options would be .5 ohm, 2 ohm or 8 ohm. I would go the series/parallel configuration to net 2 ohm. This will make paring the setup with a mono amp, much easier. Plenty of good mono amps that will deliver the needed power @ 2 ohm.