Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exterior Wax and Interior Protectant Discussion

What is everyone using and what are your experiences with them?

There's a lot of info out there on the webs, but it can be hard to decipher between marketing and actual experience.

The boat bling stuff works well for hard water spots on the exterior. The vinyl sauce is good for cleaning but having to redo the work to add UV protectant sucks. I hate doing the job twice.

My detailer used Lithium products when he was buffing and cleaning up everything. The interior stuff is called Inner Space and cleans, conditions, and protects against UV all in 1. The exterior is Color Rush and is a ceramic quick detailer and worked great to clean and polish but didn't remove water spots. After using the whole bottle this season, now using boat bling hot sauce the gel is silk and cleans super easy.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I've got a bottle of hot sauce and it did help with water spots. Worked best with a buffer. Does it have much water repellant property? How long does it last?

Reading a lot of positive about McGuiars premium marine wax as a great base, and then using a hot sauce or other as a topper. Anyone with experience there?

Yeah two steps seems annoying for vinyl. 303 work as a one step?

I am a Boat Bling Hot Sauce fan. It's just so easy to use and is cheap. Does a really good job if you just use it before letting your boat get really dirty. Very good on water spots, and actually works well on the glass too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I would soap and water clean the whole boat. Really get all the old wax, protectant, etc. off the hull. Might have to buff and polish to strip it all down. Afterwards, use a really good wax, ceramic, etc. protectant to give a fresh base to work with. This is what I paid to have done before the beginning of the season. Now, I enjoy the boat all weekend and Sunday evening I use Hot Sauce and it cleans up like it never hit the water. Put it back in the garage and dread the whole work week until I can go back to the lake.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I will second the weekly hot sauce idea. It's not a heavy duty cleaner so you have start from a decent condition and then it keeps it looking awesome. If you're already in bad shape then you'll need to use something else I think. I wipe my boat down on Sunday's with hot sauce it looks like I just picked it up at the dealership. Host sauce is also great on the glass, which someone else mentioned as well. In the spring I'll remove all the wax and reapply and then do the weekly maintenance with Hot sauce.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    I will second the weekly hot sauce idea. It's not a heavy duty cleaner so you have start from a decent condition and then it keeps it looking awesome. If you're already in bad shape then you'll need to use something else I think. I wipe my boat down on Sunday's with hot sauce it looks like I just picked it up at the dealership. Host sauce is also great on the glass, which someone else mentioned as well. In the spring I'll remove all the wax and reapply and then do the weekly maintenance with Hot sauce.
    This will be a new boat so starting condition should be about as ideal as it gets. I may give the McGuiars product a shot as an initial base. Then use the hot sauce throughout the summer. Only issue is this will be on a lift so might be more work to do it every Sunday...maybe I’ll make the kiddos hop in the water and do it. .

May go with 303 on the interior to start as well given it’s very good reputation for UV protection. Then when cleaning is needed, use soapy water and reapply unless I can find a good all in one.

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    This will be a new boat so starting condition should be about as ideal as it gets. I may give the McGuiars product a shot as an initial base. Then use the hot sauce throughout the summer. Only issue is this will be on a lift so might be more work to do it every Sunday...maybe I’ll make the kiddos hop in the water and do it. .

May go with 303 on the interior to start as well given it’s very good reputation for UV protection. Then when cleaning is needed, use soapy water and reapply unless I can find a good all in one.
    My boat sits on a lift too. Luckily I can walk down both sides though. I just raise it as high as I can, and am able to reach pretty far under the bottom near the front.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I have always used 303 on the interior but recently Star Brite sent me a care package and I have been using their Fabric Guard which has a UV protectant in it. I can usually just use warm water and a microfiber cloth to clean up the seats if it needs a little extra I use Maguire's all purpose cleaner then wipe with water and follow with the Fabric Guard. Outside I use Aero space wash and wax and that has kept the boat good as new. We drive 5 or so miles on a dirt road so sometimes it seems kind of pointless but it still helps a ton.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

My boat sits in the water 2 months straight. Used spray nine marine to de-gunge it and then hot sauce to remove the water spots. It worked quite well. Now I have to figure out how to remove fender rash from the gel coat! Any ideas? Acetone? Mequires diamond cut and a buffer?

Next year, I am going to pull the boat weekly and clean it - end of season clean was embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk