Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Just in time to give it a rip over Labor Day! Enjoy it.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    Just in time to give it a rip over Labor Day! Enjoy it.
    Exactly, that was the plan!!

Some peeps wanted a pic of the bottom of the ski to see it's concave vs. rail:

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I gotta say that's a really nice looking ski...have fun with it!
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Okay, so took the new ski to the NW Moomba/Supra jam! took a few pulls to get up the first day, but once I was up it felt SOOO much better than that stupid oversized/too agressive hand-me-down.

THe bindings were great. decent to get in and out of and comfy with plenty of arch support. I've never had arch support in a ski!

It was a lot more forgiving and while I am totally a newbie, I was able to play with it and had a lot of fun.

Day #2 I got up on my first pull (my wife was SOOO happy) and skied until my arms were cooked.

Day #3, I got up on my 2nd pull (the first one I broke the rope where we'd tied a knot in it). Again, skied until my grip was toast.

I tried to get the hang of the opposing palms for my grip. felt SO weird after 18 years of wakeboarding with both palms down.

Getting a lot more confident with getting up. and never crashed on the ski. Just enjoyed it until I was tired and then threw the rope. I took some video that I'll get up later.

The ski came setup with the bindings already, so that was nice. I skied at 28 on day #1 and 28.5 on day #2. Not sure what speed will be best for me, so I just tried something that hopefully wasn't too slow.

Also, I put the rope at 55' but from the rear eye. (actually it was probably a few inches less than 55' since the rope had previously snapped and there was a knot in it.

Slalom wake on the boat (I think this was 28?)

What I woke up to this morning:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Well, this was day #2 on the ski. I took one run the day before and this video is my 2nd time up on it. I'm super timid, but the water was smooth and I had a lot of fun. I forgot all about the opposing grip on my palms. Oh well. I'm pretty scared of the center of the wake still. haha!

Can't really see all that much with the mounting position of the go-pro. I'm going to try to put it up on the tower for a higher perspective, but unfortunately that will make it even farther away. Such is the nature of gopro.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

And Labor Day itself. Glass forever!!!

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Glad to see you up and moving. It will keep getting better. Can't believe you were alone on that glass on Labor Day. Is that a V-drive? I recommend a good slalom rope. The handle on a slalom rope is quite a bit different than a wakeboard rope. You definitely want gloves, I know most wakeboarders go without. You know you want no ballast when pulling a skier - right? Definitely want to have opposing hands. I still get up with double overhand and then switch once I am up. Making conscious changes like that actually can help your skiing.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Glad to see you up and moving. It will keep getting better. Can't believe you were alone on that glass on Labor Day. Is that a V-drive? I recommend a good slalom rope. The handle on a slalom rope is quite a bit different than a wakeboard rope. You definitely want gloves, I know most wakeboarders go without. You know you want no ballast when pulling a skier - right? Definitely want to have opposing hands. I still get up with double overhand and then switch once I am up. Making conscious changes like that actually can help your skiing.
    Yeah, and I didn't really even get up that early, like on the water at 8am or so. It was Monday so some people were already focused on going home...

Nope, 1992 Supra Sunsport 21' direct drive.

No ballast (aside from the pair of 60 pound bags of concrete that I had thrown into the corners of the hull under the gas tank for kicks).

I definitely wear gloves. I have Radar slalom ski gloves in fact. My ego's not that big that I'd skip gloves. I grew up skiing, and started wakeboarding in the 90's before people knew what was cool and what wasn't! ha!

I'll have to work on the hands and maybe go shopping for a ski rope...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

On a ski you look how I feel on a wakeboard: uncomfortable. Lol! It gets easier with time. Also when you cross the wakes, I know you're timid and new, but if you put the ski on an edge it crosses much better. If you cross slowly, and flat, it tends to "pop" like a wakeboard. No bueno. Also wakeboarders tend to stiffin their legs when they cross to get that lift off to jump. Absorb the shock with your knees to keep that ski on edge and controllable passing through! Fantastic water!!!
    2007 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    On a ski you look how I feel on a wakeboard: uncomfortable. Lol! It gets easier with time. Also when you cross the wakes, I know you're timid and new, but if you put the ski on an edge it crosses much better. If you cross slowly, and flat, it tends to "pop" like a wakeboard. No bueno. Also wakeboarders tend to stiffin their legs when they cross to get that lift off to jump. Absorb the shock with your knees to keep that ski on edge and controllable passing through! Fantastic water!!!
    Thanks for the insight. it's been a long time since I've been on a ski and I've honestly slalomed so few times in my life, I'm basically starting over.

I'll give those ideas a shot. I have to say that it's weird going from riding around 21/22 to riding a lot faster. I've eased into skiing at 28 to 28.5mph. I'm honestly not sure what speed would be best for me...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com