Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
Trayson- I went with the hull extension (blade with no angle) as an experiment to see if there would be less steering drag when compared with a blade that extends past the side of the hull. In all honesty, I don't know if there is an difference in steering or wave between the designs as this is the only method that I have tested. I am happy with the result so I don't plan to try the angled blade version. I have about $125 into material and hardware and maybe 2-2.5 hrs including finding all the right tools in the garage and cleanup.

My platform is very narrow at 48" but is almost completely out of the wave when listed or using the gate. The shape is virtually identical to yours. No coincidence as I looked at your platform before making mine.
Makes sense. I have to imagine that there are a lot of ways to delay the convergence. Sounds like yours is working great and it is by far the BEST looking gate I've seen that's not hard attached to the boat. And you've certainly got less time invested, no question there.

Parrothd - If I knew that hydroturf would stick to HDPE I would have gone that route vs wood covered in fiberglass. If I ever need to redo the platform I will likely use HDPE. So easy to work with and no chance of rot.
^^^^^^^^^ THIS. Although all the plastic dealers say that stuff won't stick to HDPE, so I'm hopeful with how his has been good so far but I've still got a tinge of doubt that it'll stick for the long haul. I REALLY hope he proves me wrong...

It's funny, mine was supposed to be a "prototype" and I've been rocking it for a year. I got some $15 closed cell foam off ebay and threw that on top of mine and figure I'll use it until it starts to fall apart, LOL.