Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Mondo Surf Wake??

I have a 14 Mondo with the flow surf and can not get the surf wake like my XLV. Anyone have tips/tricks etc. Thanks for the help.
    -Toys-
    -2003 Moomba Outback LS(SOLD)
    -2010 Moomba Mobius XLV (SOLD)
    -2014 Moomba Mondo
    -2006 Yamaha YZ125

I upgraded my stock bags to 750s in the rear and added an ibs bag under the seats in the nose. Fill everything full and regular wave is very nice.. for goofy wave drain about 1/2 of the non surf side and away you go.. wakeplate between 1/2 and all the way up and

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

About 10 mph.. is where were at for speed.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Default Re: Mondo Surf Wake??

I did the same on my Mondo but put in 900s and don't fill them all of the way. Very surfable.
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten

Default Mondo Surf Wake??

So I have yet to upgrade my Mondo rear ballast bags. 750s or 900s?
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    So I have yet to upgrade my Mondo rear ballast bags. 750s or 900s?
    If I had the flow I would want 750's. I don't have the flow and I have the Sumo 900's. The 900's flex the walls about 1/2-1" when full. I have a little trouble draining them as well mainly due to the location of the drain port (I have check valves installed on everything). Also have the 650 ibs. I surf goofy and it's a good wave. Would like to have the flow mainly due to making it easier to drive.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

I have the flow and i think the 750's are plenty... i am going to experiment with a couple of old 400lb bags though. I'm going to put one under the seat behind the drivers seat and fill it as much as it can under there without popping the seat cushion up. And then fill the reg. side rear bag all the way instead of just 1/2. Funny thing is even with the regular side bag only half full using the flow will still make a nice regular wave. I have had 8 adults in the boat and full ballast and the wave was amazing! did she suck fuel though!!! hah

Doublea- I have a 2014 Mondo and I'm still not 100% satisfied with mine either. I've upgraded the surf side sac to 750, 1/2 full non surf side (factory sac), and full bow (factory sac) with the trim 3/4 down, the surf gate and upgraded sac made a HUGE difference.

From folks I've talked to; having a shorter boat puts a major disadvantage to the wake. I find I have a nice short wave, but the length isn't there. Good enough for fun runs, but not if you want to get serious. I found speeding up the boat made a huge difference, I run higher than most on this forum at 12mph. here's the only video I have of the wake at the moment, at the end you get a good idea of how short my "sweet spot" is. i find I run really close to the boat (as in my friend hands me beers) to about 5 ft back, and then I don't have enough to keep me in the wake.

I called wakesetters and bought a Tsunami pump, I'm going to try and re-use my factory sac and put it near the bow to see if I can get more of the boat in the water and elongate that wave.... but I'm also open to suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAqt...kZE99JXFogbx3w
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"

Default Re: Mondo Surf Wake??

I am curious to see how this works for you. I too would like to lengthen the wave in the Mondo. Even with IBS I feel like I might need more weight in the bow.

I am also having to run faster (12 mph) than most guys on here to clean up the wake. I have checked the speedo with gps.

Will be eagerly awaiting an update.
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten

I have a 2014 Mondo. I fill a 900 on the surf side flow all the way down and 9mph. Awesome wake. Hope this helps.
    2014 Mondo