Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

honestly i've been very happy with the flow, it just took a little bit of dialing in. I'm coming from an 05 LSV that i had to sack out like crazy to get a good wave. This is so nice not having bags everywhere! I am considering getting a custom bag made for the goofy side like an Enzo sack that would run up underneath the seat on the drivers side. Then you just fill everything and go.

I believe the perfect set up would be as follows

750 regular surf side rear locker
    1000 Enzo type bag in goofy rear locker
    500 bag under floor full
    950 Axis A24 nose bag. (the 750 Axis nose bag is 289.00 and the 950 is 329 so for $30.00 bucks you get 200 lbs even if you can't use it all)

I believe that this would give you a fantastic wave both sides without anything exposed, and with the minimum amount of people as well.
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

mbusch5- being nosey on the thread, I thought I'd share my experience. I bought a Mondo '14 w/o the flow originally and tried to surf. I had stock weight; port ballast full, starboard 1/2 full, and the bow full with 3 adults... and had some limited success. I found the sweet spot for surfing very small, little room for error.

A month later, I went back to the dealer and added the flow. Even with the standard ballast set up, I found an instant improvement to the wave. Everything from the definition to the length was better. The sweet spot tripled, and we were able to start surfing immediately. It solved 90% of our challenges. In my opinion, it's an expensive option, but necessary if you are going to get into surfing.

Two things to remember- 1. it's easy to forget that the flow is deployed after your done surfing, and you have to be careful not to take off for home and rip it off your transom. 2. Be prepared to become obsessed with the wave and spend another couple hundred bucks on extra sacks while you tinker with mastering the wave.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I had hesitated with the investment myself and thought this would help.
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"

Thanks for the info.

I measured and got a quote from wakemakers for custom sacs and it was $400-$500 and would be just around 1000 pounds. Thought about doing that for both sides but I would still need some extra help with listing so I think I will go with the flow and then think about upgrading my 750's later.

My plan is to run:
    750's in the rear lockers and add 100 of lead to each side.
    400 center hard tank
    750 bow sac
    Flow

Do you think the 900 axis bag will fit in our bow?
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyRunner View Post
    mbusch5- being nosey on the thread, I thought I'd share my experience. I bought a Mondo '14 w/o the flow originally and tried to surf. I had stock weight; port ballast full, starboard 1/2 full, and the bow full with 3 adults... and had some limited success. I found the sweet spot for surfing very small, little room for error.

A month later, I went back to the dealer and added the flow. Even with the standard ballast set up, I found an instant improvement to the wave. Everything from the definition to the length was better. The sweet spot tripled, and we were able to start surfing immediately. It solved 90% of our challenges. In my opinion, it's an expensive option, but necessary if you are going to get into surfing.

Two things to remember- 1. it's easy to forget that the flow is deployed after your done surfing, and you have to be careful not to take off for home and rip it off your transom. 2. Be prepared to become obsessed with the wave and spend another couple hundred bucks on extra sacks while you tinker with mastering the wave.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I had hesitated with the investment myself and thought this would help.
    Thanks WhiskeyRunner, I am just so used to listing the boat so I want to make sure the flow is going to be worth it. Listing has been the choice for myself and my crew I go with for 2 years now, but the advancement of the systems can't be ignored. I mainly want it for the ease and consistency....listing is so tempermental to conditions and people on the boat. Plus i hate to give up all my storage for custom sacs. Thankfully my dealer is a friend of mine so he will be coming over and helping to install it in my garage to avoid the labor cost.

Thanks for the input everyone....probably won't happen until after the holidays but I will post some pics of the install...
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

I would doubt that it will fill all the way but i think you'd get more than 750 in it. If your going with the 750's and lead you can play around and see if the lead works better in the nose or the rear. IMO the flow is a no brainer. the convenience when driving is amazing compared to leaned right over. You can still play with extra weight on either side but i can tell you that if you were to surf with 750's in the rear IBS up front and everything full the regular wave is very very nice... needs no adjustment at all. You just need more weight on surfing goofy side. I think that 400 for a custom bag is something i'm going to go for..

cheers

Not sure if anyone reads these posts anymore, but the last couple of years I have been playing around with my 2014 Moomba Mondo to maximize the wake. I replaced the rear 400 lbs bags with 750 lbs bags. I refitted the hoses on the 400 lbs bags to be used with a Tsunami pump. One bag goes in the Bow on the floor, the other goes on the surfer side on top of the 750 lbs bag. The 350 lbs integrated bow/hull bladder is full. I can surf on the non-driver side with only a driver in the boat. The wake is plenty steep enough, and goes back far enough - considering I weigh 250 lbs, this is a great wake. We play with the trim to each individual riders preference, and the Flow Plate is wide open.

However, I am never fully satisfied. I am now considering the following options to improve the ride:
    1. Instead of having two bags on the surf side, I am thinking about upgrading to 1,000 lbs bags for each side. Simplify the filling up process.
    2. Adding an integrated Bow bag for a longer wake (probably 300-400 lbs) - currently the boat has an 350 lbs bladder built into the bow hull.
    3. Been thinking of making the Flow Plates a bit larger. There are a few wake systems that you can attach to the side of your boats that are cleaning up the wave really well. I think if the Flow Plate was a bit larger, it too could assist with a cleaner wake.
    4. And for the Ultimate upgrade - adding an Wake Control System - For example - https://www.wakemakers.com/wavecontrol. I am not sure why I can not find the current Moomba Mondo system for sale to upgrade my boat.

If you have any questions on the set-up, or have any suggestions on my next upgrade venture - I would be please to connect.

Default Mondo Surf Wake??

Quote Originally Posted by MoombaYYC View Post
    Not sure if anyone reads these posts anymore, but the last couple of years I have been playing around with my 2014 Moomba Mondo to maximize the wake. I replaced the rear 400 lbs bags with 750 lbs bags. I refitted the hoses on the 400 lbs bags to be used with a Tsunami pump. One bag goes in the Bow on the floor, the other goes on the surfer side on top of the 750 lbs bag. The 350 lbs integrated bow/hull bladder is full. I can surf on the non-driver side with only a driver in the boat. The wake is plenty steep enough, and goes back far enough - considering I weigh 250 lbs, this is a great wake. We play with the trim to each individual riders preference, and the Flow Plate is wide open.

However, I am never fully satisfied. I am now considering the following options to improve the ride:
    1. Instead of having two bags on the surf side, I am thinking about upgrading to 1,000 lbs bags for each side. Simplify the filling up process.
    2. Adding an integrated Bow bag for a longer wake (probably 300-400 lbs) - currently the boat has an 350 lbs bladder built into the bow hull.
    3. Been thinking of making the Flow Plates a bit larger. There are a few wake systems that you can attach to the side of your boats that are cleaning up the wave really well. I think if the Flow Plate was a bit larger, it too could assist with a cleaner wake.
    4. And for the Ultimate upgrade - adding an Wake Control System - For example - https://www.wakemakers.com/wavecontrol. I am not sure why I can not find the current Moomba Mondo system for sale to upgrade my boat.

If you have any questions on the set-up, or have any suggestions on my next upgrade venture - I would be please to connect.
    I have a 15 mondo with 900 rears 250 under port seat & 750ibs. Wave is money.

As far as the OEM for the AutoFlow it's www.wakelandmfg.com

They sell an aftermarket kit. You would need to re glass where your old manual plates are. Or you could do the WaveControl from WakeMakers which is GoSurfAssist. mmandley has that system on his mojo with great results. There's a thread floating around with his install. It's all the same system MB is using now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Mojo 2.5 is getting the Wake Makers Wave Control

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I have the manual flow on my 2014. 900 rears and 750 IBS. With only a driver it makes a great wave. I have thought about a wave control system, but I think will keep the Mondo and upgrade boats in a few years. There are new systems and upgrades coming out all the time. When I do make a change I want all the new toys.
    James
    2014 Mondo
    93 Four Winns 180 Freedom Sold

Quote Originally Posted by JD14Mondo View Post
    I have the manual flow on my 2014. 900 rears and 750 IBS. With only a driver it makes a great wave. I have thought about a wave control system, but I think will keep the Mondo and upgrade boats in a few years. There are new systems and upgrades coming out all the time. When I do make a change I want all the new toys.
    Will the 900's fill all the way? I have the 750s and it seems like there is lots of room left

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk