Default Selling question on lsv

I looked up what retail price is on my boat from Nada website. Is average retail a good sign of what u can sell a moomba for? Mines a 2009 lsv with 350 hours. Nada says 38500 with all the options I have, list price was 40500. Just wondering if I could get close to 39-40

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

It's a guide. It is helpful but not absolute. Other factors include the state of the economy, your locale, the time of year (most go a little higher in the spring/early summer), condition, equipment, etc. You can also look at what similar boats are listed for on onlyinboards.com from dealers and private parties.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

When I sold mine 2 years ago I looked at every LSV on line, noted the price, then got an average for all of them and thats how i based mine.

You goal is to sell yours before others sell theirs, so you need your price to be competitive.

A buyer does not goto NADA to see whats the value is. They tend to look at the boat they like and ask around if its a good price.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

agree with mike. especially with the lsv where it feels to me like there are a lot to choose from at this point. just typing in moomba and lsv brings up 27 listings. unlike a car, I think a larger % of people are willing to travel some distance for a boat.

most people do not use nada to base prices that I have ever ran across, but banks do use that for loan to value ratio.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

OK cool, I'll start checking some prices, seems like the ones I've seen are priced similar but they don't look like they are quite as nice, single axle trailers, smaller speakers, stuff like that, thanks for the answers

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

I think the NADA prices are usually a little low for boats. I think this is due to banks using it as a loan guide and needing a realistic "what can we get for this boat if the loan defaults" price. Having said that, 38500 for a 2009 doesn't sound low at all.

When I sold my previous boat (an '89) the NADA was nearly half of what I sold it for. Nearly every offer that was made included "well the NADA price is $4k". To which I responded "that's great, good like finding a DD in decent shape for that price, here is every single inboard on the market right now for <$10k". Certainly age is a factor here, but my real point is that buyers are looking at NADA. I would still use market comps to set your price and have a response to the "NADA says..." line.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    I think the NADA prices are usually a little low for boats. I think this is due to banks using it as a loan guide and needing a realistic "what can we get for this boat if the loan defaults" price. Having said that, 38500 for a 2009 doesn't sound low at all.

When I sold my previous boat (an '89) the NADA was nearly half of what I sold it for. Nearly every offer that was made included "well the NADA price is $4k". To which I responded "that's great, good like finding a DD in decent shape for that price, here is every single inboard on the market right now for <$10k". Certainly age is a factor here, but my real point is that buyers are looking at NADA. I would still use market comps to set your price and have a response to the "NADA says..." line.
    Funny,

I think the NADA is way too high...

It really depends on if your selling or buying which side you come down on...

I think you need to do your own research, after a while you see what things actually sell for and what sits. There's about 3-4 website that cover all boat sales, after a few weeks/months you get a real good idea on the market and what something is worth. I don't think NADA takes into account sales nationally, only locally, and not seasonally which really skews the prices...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

my boat books at 2 years old on nada for almost 62k at retail. this is with ZERO options checked and ZERO options on the trailer. that's within $500 of what I paid in '12 brand new(it specs out at $68.5 with wakeboat/trailer options checked off, over 5k more than I paid for it). nada is very high. It is on this boat and was on my '06 supra when I sold it. This does offer banks flexibility to get people into used boats with not much money out of pocket. great if you are a seller, but not sure that's good for the economy...

although I agree that some buyers are using nada, I don't think that you will find that so much in the over 30k wakeboat market. sub20k family runabouts and people that have done their homework looking for reasons to push the selling price lower have.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten